    Any coments...or help ?

    thx

    dennis

    dennis, Aug 7, 2007

  2. dennis

    stephen Guest

    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have do discuss the placement for the BSR in a LAN
    > This deployment is a three layer hirarchical design...this means 2
    > Core Routers (6509), 7 Distribution (6506) and at least 50 3550/3560
    >
    > Right now the RPs are configured on the core routers
    >
    > What ist the best pracitice where to place the BSR !
    > I would like to place this on the core routers ...!
    >
    > Any coments...or help ?

    put it in the middle, on the 2 core switches.

    although it doesnt really matter for a campus as long as it is on boxes with
    plenty of memory - but co-locate with the RP is sensible.

    if you want some background then try

    "developing IP multicast routers" Cisco Press. Main drawback is it doesnt
    worry about non Cisco boxes.....

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl