BSOD Win XP Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 23, 2004.

  1. Hi
    In the last month or 2, i having this problem.
    When i have burnt a dvd or cd, the pc will just cut out an restart. It also
    happens a short while after when i try and access a cd.
    I am a subscriber of a magazine called pc answers. in one of the recent
    issues, they said to turn off auto restart after a system failure.
    I have now found that the problem that restarts my pc is as follows which
    comes up as a blue screen of death (BSOD)

    BAD_POOL_HEADER.

    ***STOP: 0X00000019 (0X00000020,0XE2D98000,0XE2D98FF8,0XEFFFEFFF)

    I have looked on the microsoft KB and found very little about how to fix it.

    Any ideas.

    Cheers

    Gareth
    1800xp
    QDI KINETIZ 7E
    PIONEER 107/A07
    Plextor Premium
    Western Digital 80 gig
    Western Digital 160 gig
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 23, 2004

  2. Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

    dfghjk Guest

    that is a new one for me.
    this link may help

    http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/bsod.pdf

    usually I have found a memory conflict of some sort.

    the top of the message gives you some clue.

    somethings to try - not necessarily in order.

    try running ckhdsk /f

    do some simple registry clean up like Karen's regpruner.
    more aggressive ones get me in trouble all the time.

    run a good memory test program.

    reset your bios tweaks to default and make sure your XP isn't running
    too hot.

    if your board is older, check your electrolytic caps and make sure
    they are not getting fat.

    If the cd/dvd/is the common factor, try rearranging the IDE ports.
    both HD on one and both CD/dvd on another - or whatever.

    reinstall the CD/dvd drivers

    dfghjk, May 23, 2004

  3. Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

    °Mike° Guest

    Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_519j.asp

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:47:57 +0100, in
    <>
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 23, 2004