BSOD vista x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mick, Jan 17, 2009.

  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Hello, i've put the finishing touches on a HTPC... with Vista 64. I'm
    getting a BSOD... after about 5 minutes every time. Doesn't matter what
    program i'm running, or if it's just doing nothing. I've run Memtest
    overnight, nothing there. Updated the BIOS and every single driver. Done the
    reinstall numerous times, put video cards in different slots, swapped the
    RAM, formatted hard drives, check for viruses, and sacrificed a chicken to
    the computer gods. I'm running the BIOS at fail safe settings, with no
    anti-virus software installed or firewall. I've downloaded and installed all
    important Vista upgrades. Not connected to the internet right now.

    These are the two most recurring error messages:

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

    I've included the latest minidump files at this url...

    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-8ce7413d.html

    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=485664

    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

    OS: Vista Ultimate 64
    CPU: Intel Core Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
    MB: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    GPU: Sapphire 100249L Radeon HD 3850 1 GB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI-e 2.0
    TV Turner Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
    RAM: Corsair 4GB (2X2GB) 240-Pin DDR SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400)
    Hard Drives: (2) WD Caviar Green 1 TB SATA Model: WD10EADS
    Optical Drive: LG 6X Blu-Ray DVD-ROM SATA(GGC-H2OL)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic OB-S12 550W ATX12v / EPS12v SLI
    Case: Siverstone LC14B-MC ATX HTPC

    Mick Meyers
    Mick, Jan 17, 2009

  2. Temperature internally? This is a hardware issue, so I'd look for weak links
    or temperature failures.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 17, 2009

  3. Mick

    Barb Bowman Guest

    this may not be related, but...

    Pull the Hauppage tuner. What happens?

    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html

    "Currently, WinTV receivers used with the 64-bit version of the
    Vista Media Center application are limited to less than 4GB of
    memory"

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Jan 17, 2009

  4. > GPU: Sapphire 100249L Radeon HD 3850 1 GB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI-e 2.0

    ATI has some serious problem with the Catalyst 8.12 driver, theres a lot of
    people waiting for a fix.
    Not sure that is your problem, but if your using the latest ATI driver
    (8.12) try to download and install the previous 8.11 instead.

    /Magnus
    Magnus Flysjö, Jan 18, 2009
  5. Mick

    Mick Guest