    nv4_disp.dll

    Dumping physical memory to disk...

    I am guessing it is Something with my Nvidia FX5200 video card...

    Gary Ritter, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Gary Ritter

    Tocapet Guest

    Yes, I also have the FX5200 and it's just not quite enough for FarCry. Try
    setting the video at "medium" and everything else at "very high". Avoid the
    carrier, it really slows down in there. The best level to play with only a
    5200 is the one after the carrier. Makes you want a 6800GT, right?

    And if you do the 64-bit patch, it works fair.

    Tocapet, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Gary Ritter

    Steve Guest

    Yep 6800's are great :)
    but the game still freezes on me and i have to turn the PC off and then
    reboot sigh...

    Steve, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Gary Ritter

    Chris Doré Guest

    Lowering the graphics settings may allow it to run, but the driver should
    not crash at all.
    Make sure you all send in those error reports...they do actually go
    somewhere useful (assuming nVidia is paying attention to them).

    Chris

    Chris Doré, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Gary Ritter

    Gary Ritter Guest

    I was using the generic Microsoft Video drivers that came on the cd, but
    after the BSOD , I loaded the full nvidia package and no more BSOD.

    Now all I get is a memory error, Unable to access something..... with the
    memory.
    I am running the AMD 64 bit patch as well.

    Gary

    Gary Ritter, Jun 8, 2005
  6. I have the ATI 9600 Pro and Far Cry rocks!
    My frame rates in W2K on the machine are 16-31.
    When I boot into XP64 my frame rates jump 31-70!
    Most of the time around 40-50 fps.

    AMD 64 3200+ 2GB ram

    =?Utf-8?B?U291bGxlc3NHZWVr?=, Jun 14, 2005