    Any ideas? Analysis software that might help me?

    Thanks in advance!

    Carmen
    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Jan 11, 2010

  2. Lots of things might be installed in the different profile, but the first
    place I'd look is in IE, since that's completely per user.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 11, 2010

  3. Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell

    Tom Guest

    > Hey folks, I'm running Windows 7 Pro, and my laptop has two user accounts,
    > work and home. Both are administrator accounts and whenever I install any
    > software if is always installed "for everyone". So far so good, I'm really
    > impressed with W7.
    >
    > However, I will sometimes get a BSOD in the *work* profile. It never
    > happens in the home profile.
    >
    > Q. How do I go about troubleshooting what could be causing it since it
    > seems to me that a BSOD is usally caused by something more "general"...
    > but if so, why does it only happen in the work profile... and randomly
    > (i,e. not when I'm on;y running a specific program or anything...)
    >
    > Any ideas? Analysis software that might help me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Carmen

    Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see if that is really the case. It
    does seem odd that only one profile would experience this.
    Tom, Jan 11, 2010
  4. Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell

    Carlos Guest

    Carmen,
    The blue screen usually gives (cryptic) information about the error and what
    possibly caused it.
    Note it down and post it back here or google for it.

    Carlos, Jan 12, 2010
  5. Thanks for both pieces of advice, guys. I'll take a look next time.

    C.

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Jan 15, 2010