    Microsoft, and who would I send it to?

    Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
    minidump?
    John, Jun 19, 2008

  2. John

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, lid
    says...
    > I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
    > stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
    > true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
    > Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
    >
    > Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
    > minidump?

    IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
    Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
    a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
    now (and I'm in ChCh) :(

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jun 19, 2008

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:50:54 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:

    > In article <>, lid
    > says...
    >> I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
    >> stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
    >> true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
    >> Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
    >>
    >> Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
    >> minidump?

    > IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
    > Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
    > a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
    > now (and I'm in ChCh) :(

    Opening a minidump in "Debugging tools for Windows" doesn't give an
    option to contact Microsoft, are you thinking about WEP when a
    programme crashes?
    John, Jun 19, 2008
  4. John

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, lid
    says...
    > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:50:54 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, lid
    > > says...
    > >> I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
    > >> stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
    > >> true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
    > >> Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
    > >>
    > >> Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
    > >> minidump?

    > > IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
    > > Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
    > > a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
    > > now (and I'm in ChCh) :(

    > Opening a minidump in "Debugging tools for Windows" doesn't give an
    > option to contact Microsoft, are you thinking about WEP when a
    > programme crashes?

    Sorry, my type, no definately WER.

    --
    Duncan