  1. To whom it may concern!
    I am trying to get into the news groups? I am subscribing but nothing is
    coming up?? doing something wrong?? please help me. thank-you Bruce

    Bruce Sommerfeld, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Bruce Sommerfeld

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Bruce',

    This site should help you configure your settings:

    http://www.rdg.ac.uk/ITS/Topic/Email/EmPOutex01/

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Bruce Sommerfeld

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bruce Sommerfeld" <snipped> wrote in message
    | To whom it may concern!
    | I am trying to get into the news groups? I am subscribing but nothing is
    | coming up?? doing something wrong?? please help me. thank-you Bruce

    Gee - your post showed up here <g>!

    But since you asked for help, start with this:
    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you add a ".invalid" to the end of your new fake email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address. Simple. Done (unless your news server demands a
    legitimate email address, and even then, there are ways around that.)

    and
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/index.html
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

    Toolman Tim, Feb 3, 2005