    browser page.
    thanks

    MikeS
    MikeS, Apr 2, 2005

  2. MikeS

    Doug G Guest

    MikeS wrote:

    > Hullo all,
    >
    > I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
    > browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour, with
    > the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or thereabouts.
    > Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
    > Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
    > browser page.
    > thanks
    >
    > MikeS

    Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
    uninstalling the older version of Firefox.

    You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible with
    Firefox 1.0.2.
    Doug G, Apr 2, 2005

  3. MikeS

    MikeS Guest

    "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    > MikeS wrote:
    >
    >> Hullo all,
    >>
    >> I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
    >> browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour,
    >> with
    >> the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or
    >> thereabouts.
    >> Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
    >> Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
    >> browser page.
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> MikeS

    > Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
    > uninstalling the older version of Firefox.
    >
    > You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible
    > with
    > Firefox 1.0.2.

    Definitely uninstalled previous version before downloading.
    Not clear about the meaning of a theme or extension.

    MikeS
    MikeS, Apr 2, 2005
  4. MikeS

    Doug G Guest

    MikeS wrote:
    > "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    >> MikeS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hullo all,
    >>>
    >>> I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
    >>> browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour,
    >>> with
    >>> the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or
    >>> thereabouts.
    >>> Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
    >>> Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
    >>> browser page.
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> MikeS

    >> Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
    >> uninstalling the older version of Firefox.
    >>
    >> You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible
    >> with
    >> Firefox 1.0.2.

    > Definitely uninstalled previous version before downloading.
    > Not clear about the meaning of a theme or extension.
    >
    > MikeS

    Themes are skins, extensions add functions to the program.

    If you've installed any, they should appear in the boxes that appear
    when you click Themes or Extensions on Firefox's Tool menu.
    Doug G, Apr 2, 2005