    inch down then refresh the page slowly from the bottom up....then another
    inch and refresh etc.....any ideas?
    jason

    jas, Oct 30, 2005

  2. jas

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:25:01 +0800, jas wrote:

    >hi, i just upgraded to XP from Windows Me and now my browsers, whenever i
    >scroll down a webpage they dont scroll smooth anymore, its like they go an

    Scroll by clicking on the scroll bar or using the mouse wheel, you
    didn't say.

    >inch down then refresh the page slowly from the bottom up....then another
    >inch and refresh etc.....any ideas?

    Yes, however it's maybe easier to answer if you mention what browsers.

    Otherwise look at the mouse properties in the setup for your browsers.
    Use the help file, look for scroll / mouse settings. Google isn't
    required for that.

    MSIE - Tools | Options | Advanced | Browsing | Use smooth scrolling

    Opera - Tools | Preferences | Advanced | Smooth Scrolling

    Mozilla (Netscape 7.1) - Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Mouse Wheel
    Scroll the document by X lines / Use system default

    Depending on the mouse / driver - Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel |
    Roll the wheel to scroll X lines / screen.

    >jason

    Me

    why?, Oct 30, 2005

  3. jas

    Dave Lear Guest

    "jas" wrote in message

    > hi, i just upgraded to XP from Windows Me and now my browsers,
    > whenever i scroll down a webpage they dont scroll smooth anymore,
    > its like they go an inch down then refresh the page slowly from the
    > bottom up....then another inch and refresh etc.....any ideas?

    Does this only happen on web pages or does it also happen when you scroll
    through other things, e.g. a long word processing document? If it's slow
    refreshing the display regardless of what you're scrolling through it could
    be that you're using generic video drivers, i.e. you haven't downloaded /
    installed video drivers specific to the make / model of the graphics card
    you're using. For example...

    If you're using a video card with an ATI Radeon chipset you'll want v5.10 of
    the Catalyst drivers...
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640

    If you're using a video card with an nVidia GeForce chipset you'll want
    v81.85 of the ForceWare drivers...
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

    If the problem's only with web pages, is it every website or just some, i.e.
    could it be the website itself? If so, give examples so other people can
    test them. If it's all websites... what speed of connection are you using?
    Is the slow refresh due to being on dial-up so you have to wait to download
    the data before the PC can display it?

    Dave Lear, Oct 30, 2005