    The sound in on the m/b, not a sound card, so I can't change slots. I HATE
    this sound! Can someone help me get rid of it?
    WC
    WCH, Nov 3, 2003

  2. WCH

    Livewire Guest

    In article <6_qpb.68440$mZ5.430511@attbi_s54>,
    says...
    > My computer (1.8Ghz AMD, 512 ram, W2k and IE6 both fully updated) makes an
    > audible "squeak" noise every time I scroll up or down the screen in my web
    > browser. The squeak comes through the speakers, of course, and is
    > controllable by changes in volume (yes, if I turn the speakers off I can't
    > hear the squeak, but then I can't hear anything else either). I'm using a
    > cordless Logitech optical mouse and I've tried moving the devise that plugs
    > into the USB port and communicates with the mouse, but that didn't help.
    > The sound in on the m/b, not a sound card, so I can't change slots. I HATE
    > this sound! Can someone help me get rid of it?
    > WC

    A dose of 3-in-1 oil?
    Livewire, Nov 3, 2003

  3. WCH

    Damir G Guest

    buy a better speaker. I had a similar problem before. Now I have this teac
    powemax 260/2 and I hear no noises. except when I put headphones on my head.
    Or maybe buying a new soundcard will help?

    Damir G, Nov 3, 2003
  4. WCH

    WCH Guest

    I've got a Klipsch 4.1 system that sounds magnificent. I'm not likely to
    replace it unless that is DEFINITELY the problem, but I'll switch out for
    another set just to see. As for the sound card, my sound is built into the
    m/b.

    WCH, Nov 3, 2003
  5. WCH

    Wee Bit Tall Guest

    "WCH" <> wrote in message
    : I've got a Klipsch 4.1 system that sounds magnificent. I'm not likely to
    : replace it unless that is DEFINITELY the problem, but I'll switch out for
    : another set just to see. As for the sound card, my sound is built into
    the
    : m/b.

    How about updated drivers? did you check also to see if you had certain
    effect sounds turned on under sound schemes? That will be located in the
    control panel "Sounds and Audio Devices"
    Wee Bit Tall, Nov 3, 2003
  6. WCH

    bowerbird Guest

    "WCH" <> wrote in message news:6_qpb.68440$mZ5.430511@attbi_s54...
    > My computer (1.8Ghz AMD, 512 ram, W2k and IE6 both fully updated) makes an
    > audible "squeak" noise every time I scroll up or down the screen in my web
    > browser. The squeak comes through the speakers, of course, and is
    > controllable by changes in volume (yes, if I turn the speakers off I can't
    > hear the squeak, but then I can't hear anything else either). I'm using a
    > cordless Logitech optical mouse and I've tried moving the devise that plugs
    > into the USB port and communicates with the mouse, but that didn't help.
    > The sound in on the m/b, not a sound card, so I can't change slots. I HATE
    > this sound! Can someone help me get rid of it?
    > WC

    I bet it's some sound effect software causing it. Examine all your *.wav files and exterminate the little vermin.
    bb
    bowerbird, Nov 3, 2003
  7. WCH

    Phil Guest

    "Damir G" <> wrote in message
    > buy a better speaker. I had a similar problem before. Now I have this teac
    > powemax 260/2 and I hear no noises. except when I put headphones on my

    head.
    > Or maybe buying a new soundcard will help?

    I don't think so! It is a sound effect that comes with the
    Mouse.................and is sortable!!!
    Read Mouse instructions.

    Phil, Nov 3, 2003
  8. WCH

    trout Guest

    WCH wrote:

    > My computer (1.8Ghz AMD, 512 ram, W2k and IE6 both fully updated)
    > makes an audible "squeak" noise every time I scroll up or down the
    > screen in my web browser. The squeak comes through the speakers, of
    > course, and is controllable by changes in volume (yes, if I turn the
    > speakers off I can't hear the squeak, but then I can't hear anything
    > else either). I'm using a cordless Logitech optical mouse and I've
    > tried moving the devise that plugs into the USB port and communicates
    > with the mouse, but that didn't help. The sound in on the m/b, not a
    > sound card, so I can't change slots. I HATE this sound! Can someone
    > help me get rid of it?
    > WC

    I'll just add my FWIW to the rather diverse opinions. I had
    something similar (kind of a squeaky 'rubber balloon' sound) when
    scrolling, that seems to have come under the category of 'video noise';
    since it went away when I tweaked the video refresh rate.
    --
    "But this is, by no means, an attempt at a firm diagnosis of *your*
    problem."
    trout, Nov 3, 2003
  9. WCH

    The Wizard Guest

    Control Panel / sounds and see if a sound has been assigned to that
    particular action. Might be as simple as that maybe.

    The Wizard, Nov 4, 2003
  10. WCH

    olfart Guest

    WD-40 ???

    olfart, Nov 4, 2003
  11. On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:18:41 -0000, In the heat of the moment, "Phil"
    <> posted:
    ..

    >"Damir G" <> wrote in message
    >> buy a better speaker. I had a similar problem before. Now I have this teac
    >> powemax 260/2 and I hear no noises. except when I put headphones on my

    >head.
    >> Or maybe buying a new soundcard will help?

    >I don't think so! It is a sound effect that comes with the
    >Mouse.................and is sortable!!!
    >Read Mouse instructions.

    I have a cordless Logitech optical mouse, and can find no such feature. I
    assume from your advice that you also have a cordless Logitech optical
    mouse, so please tell us where that setting is?

    Bill Schowengerdt, Nov 4, 2003