browser question problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tony sayer, Mar 29, 2012.

  1. tony sayer

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <s68eq7x1yqzh$>, Edwin T.
    <> scribeth thus
    >Not sure it this is for this group. Im having some issues with Firefox and
    >IE. (windows XP sp2)Whenever I fill in a search querry and then try to go
    >to it...it seems to redirect me to some other site. The same problem in IE
    >Ive done a spybot scan and a virus scan but nothing comes us. I use
    >CCleaner to try to erase everyting and still nothing. Some sites say that
    >it is an add on to Firefox that my be corrupthing something...but..it does
    >the same thing on IE. Very confused here.

    Sounds to me like you've picked up something there. Try Antimalwarebytes
    that sometimes picks up nasties that some others don't...

    --
    Tony Sayer

    Edwin T., Mar 29, 2012

  3. tony sayer

    Edwin T. Guest

    > Sounds to me like you've picked up something there. Try Antimalwarebytes
    > that sometimes picks up nasties that some others don't...

    Yeah I messed up and used spybot and later realized I hadnt updated it. I
    updated it and then did a check again and it came up with some windows.dll
    trojan (i think that was it) But the problem still seems to persist still.
    Edwin T., Mar 29, 2012
  4. tony sayer

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <1iiaonadni2wc.1wyrn4pz098j$>, Edwin T.
    <> scribeth thus

    >> Sounds to me like you've picked up something there. Try Antimalwarebytes
    >> that sometimes picks up nasties that some others don't...

    >Yeah I messed up and used spybot and later realized I hadnt updated it. I
    >updated it and then did a check again and it came up with some windows.dll
    >trojan (i think that was it) But the problem still seems to persist still.

    If thats the case I'd try a total browser re install or another browser
    either Firefox or Chrome and see how you get on....

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Apr 1, 2012