Browser Options

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by E_\\_¼__½__¾__F, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Are there any other decent Internet browsers on the market besides IE and Netscape? Thanx...
     
    E_\\_¼__½__¾__F, Sep 13, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    Definably. Try Mozilla or Opera. Netscape is built on the Mozilla engine.
    However Mozilla
    itself is an entirely a different animal. Opera will also have some features
    you will like.
    Do a Google search or both.
    DennisC
    "E_\_¼__½__¾__F" <> wrote in message
    news:OUv8b.1699$...
    > Are there any other decent Internet browsers on the market besides IE and

    Netscape? Thanx...
    >
    >
     
    Computer Guy, Sep 13, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Sep 13, 2003
    #3
  4. I prefer Opera. It's got the pop up blocker built right into it.

    --



    Rob Burghdoff
    HelpDesk Lead
    Great Lakes Division
    CoreComm / an ATX Company
    "E_\_¼__½__¾__F" <> wrote in message
    news:OUv8b.1699$...
    > Are there any other decent Internet browsers on the market besides IE and

    Netscape? Thanx...
    >
    >
     
    Rob Burghdoff, Sep 13, 2003
    #4
  5. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    M.A.X. Guest

    Rob Burghdoff wrote:

    >I prefer Opera. It's got the pop up blocker built right into it.
    >
    >
    >

    Mozilla has the pop-up blocker built in also. Opera is shareware - you
    have to pay to get rid of the ads. Mozilla is free.
    http://www.mozilla.org - The 1.4 version is the most up-to-date and stable.
     
    M.A.X., Sep 13, 2003
    #5
  6. Thanx all, you have been a big help.

    "E_\_¼__½__¾__F" <> wrote in message news:OUv8b.1699$...
    | Are there any other decent Internet browsers on the market besides IE and Netscape? Thanx...
    |
    |
     
    E_\\_¼__½__¾__F, Sep 13, 2003
    #6
  7. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    Guest

    On 13 Sep 2003 05:41:23 GMT, "M.A.X." <> wrote:

    >Rob Burghdoff wrote:
    >
    >>I prefer Opera. It's got the pop up blocker built right into it.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >Mozilla has the pop-up blocker built in also. Opera is shareware - you
    >have to pay to get rid of the ads. Mozilla is free.
    >http://www.mozilla.org - The 1.4 version is the most up-to-date and stable.


    If Netscape uses Mozilla "platform", then what is the actual
    difference between Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla? Straight question.

    --

    CowardlyLion
     
    , Sep 13, 2003
    #7
  8. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    Boomer Guest

    said:

    > On 13 Sep 2003 05:41:23 GMT, "M.A.X." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Rob Burghdoff wrote:
    >>
    >>>I prefer Opera. It's got the pop up blocker built right into
    >>>it.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>Mozilla has the pop-up blocker built in also. Opera is
    >>shareware - you have to pay to get rid of the ads. Mozilla is
    >>free. http://www.mozilla.org - The 1.4 version is the most
    >>up-to-date and stable.

    >
    > If Netscape uses Mozilla "platform", then what is the actual
    > difference between Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla? Straight question.
    >
    > --
    >
    > CowardlyLion


    Just curious... do you have an AOL account?
     
    Boomer, Sep 13, 2003
    #8
  9. E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "E_\\_¼__½__¾__F" <> wrote in
    news:OUv8b.1699$:

    > Are there any other decent Internet browsers on the market besides IE
    > and Netscape? Thanx...


    Lot's but without knowing your requirements everyone will just recommend
    what they are using. Much like asking if there are any decent cars out
    there. What's good for me may be totally useless for you.
     
    Fuzzy Logic, Sep 17, 2003
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Howard Brazee

    Centrino wireless options

    Howard Brazee, Oct 13, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,335
    PhiL M.
    Oct 14, 2004
  2. Chaos Master

    Googlebar - I can't use the options!

    Chaos Master, Jul 10, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    468
  3. Replies:
    9
    Views:
    763
    Tony Raven
    Dec 28, 2005
  4. Russell Stamper
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,638
    AnyBody43
    Oct 12, 2004
  5. EMB
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    310
    Dave Taylor
    Aug 13, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page