Browser loading random site

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GD, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. GD

    GD Guest

    GD, Jul 10, 2004

  2. GD

    Boomer Guest

    "GD" <> wrote:

    > My browser is infected with something... it randomly loads this
    > page for no reason.
    >
    > http://adultfriendfinder.com/go/p94308c
    >
    > Any ideas on what virus i've caught - i'm doing a scan now

    Hi

    Search for 'browser hijacking' and/or..

    Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at adware/spyware.
    Ad-aware forum: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Forums:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://forum.aumha.org/
    http://boards.cexx.org/
    http://spywarewarrior.com/index.php
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, Jul 10, 2004

  3. GD

    Guest

    yeah, me too, but mine is attached to earthlink - I think. Any one
    out there have the golden boot to kick AFF link off browser?
    , Aug 3, 2004