Browser hijacker

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by vince, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. vince

    vince Guest

    vince, Dec 21, 2003

  2. vince

    Chet Guest

    I have read that some ISPs hijack DNS errors to take you to their own
    sponsored search page. If that's the case, it's nothing in your machine.
    ICANN has tried to force them to stop the practice but some persist.
    "vince" <> wrote in message
    > Whenever I get an error page, it transfers to
    > http://www.searchassistant.net/dnserror.htm after like 1 second. Adaware

    nor

    Chet, Dec 21, 2003

  3. vince

    mcp6453 Guest

    vince wrote:

    > Whenever I get an error page, it transfers to
    > http://www.searchassistant.net/dnserror.htm after like 1 second. Adaware nor
    > Spybot can find anything. Any ideas? Thank you.

    Go through Add Remove Programs in Control Panel to see if there are
    programs installed that you did not intend to install. Also look
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft Windows\Current Version\Run to see if there is
    anything there that is not supposed to be.

    mcp6453, Dec 21, 2003
  4. vince

    ratslapper Guest

    ratslapper, Dec 22, 2003
  5. vince

    vince Guest

    My ISP has always had regular errors, I don't think Comcast needs to
    redirect people. I'll check the registry and Add/Remove programs, and I've
    tried Coolweb shredder. Thank you.

    vince, Dec 23, 2003