    ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
    to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
    anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

    Lance, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Lance

    Damjan Guest

    > When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
    > happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser. My default home
    > page is on our company's local intranet so I know they are not
    > creating the pop-up advertising. I have deleted all my cookies, tried
    > ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
    > to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
    > anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

    Do the check with HijackThis program.

    Greets,

    Damjan, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Lance schrieb:

    >When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
    >happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser.

    Any Browser or just IE?

    Try using another Browser like Opera (www.opera.com) or Mozilla
    (www.mozilla.org) and if this happens then again.

    Martin Brunner, Apr 19, 2004
  4. On 8 Apr 2004 08:11:35 -0700, (Lance) wrote:

    >When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
    >happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser. My default home
    >page is on our company's local intranet so I know they are not
    >creating the pop-up advertising. I have deleted all my cookies, tried
    >ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
    >to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
    >anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

    Download and run HiJackThis and CWS Shredder.

    CWS Shredder is simple to use.

    HiJackThis is the ultimate Browser Hijack removal tool but you will
    need quite a good understanding of your OS.

    If you need help, Paste a copy of its output here.

    Otherwise, just delete all entries starting with 'r0', 'r1' and
    'run='.

    HTH

    Aaron Lingwood

    Aaron B. Lingwood, Apr 20, 2004