    norton AV... nothing shows....
    help toolman ... TIA

    replace 'closed' with 'open' in email address to reply

    desoto, Dec 3, 2004

  2. desoto

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:44:29 +0000 (UTC), desoto wrote:

    >AMD k6/192 ram/firefox1.0/agent 1.93

    You didn't mention what OS.

    >I can connect through my broadband dialler...
    > I can send and receive emails.... but when i launch a web browser..
    > firefox or IE6 i get a long wait then the BSOD...fatal exception..

    You forgot the most important part, the 1st few lines of the BSOD.

    See example,
    http://www.rollanet.org/~benm/graphics/bsod.jpg
    the important bits are

    1st line, text and the first three numeric codes.
    2nd line, text and driver name at the end.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2004

  3. desoto

    desoto Guest

    <> wrote:

    >AMD k6/192 ram/firefox1.0/agent 1.93
    >
    >I can connect through my broadband dialler...
    > I can send and receive emails.... but when i launch a web browser..
    > firefox or IE6 i get a long wait then the BSOD...fatal exception..
    > I have checked my firewall (zonealarm pro) and even shut it down..
    > no difference... ran the usual SBSandD, adaware, CWS and a
    > norton AV... nothing shows....
    > help toolman ... TIA

    Now i get the following after the BSOD....
    out of range
    hf : 30 - 72 KHz
    v : 47 - 160 KHz
    18.2 KHz 22KHz

    My pc is used by other people.. quite a lot
    recently but i don't think anyone has faffed with my
    system settings.... my monitor works fine otherwise ..

    replace 'closed' with 'open' in email address to reply

    desoto, Dec 3, 2004
  4. desoto

    trout Guest

    desoto wrote:

    > AMD k6/192 ram/firefox1.0/agent 1.93
    >
    > I can connect through my broadband dialler...
    > I can send and receive emails.... but when i launch a web browser..
    > firefox or IE6 i get a long wait then the BSOD...fatal exception..
    > I have checked my firewall (zonealarm pro) and even shut it down..
    > no difference... ran the usual SBSandD, adaware, CWS and a
    > norton AV... nothing shows....
    > help toolman ... TIA

    It's unusual that *neither* browser would work. Have (maybe) you've
    had an infection that you recently 'cured' (and perhaps inadvertently
    removed a shared/modified component necessary for connection?)
    Oh, and yes, the other error message details *might* help.
    --
    "And you have a 'dialler' for broadband?"

    trout, Dec 3, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    3 Dec 2004 08:21:39 +0000 (UTC), desoto <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:44:29 +0000 (UTC), desoto
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>AMD k6/192 ram/firefox1.0/agent 1.93
    >>
    >>I can connect through my broadband dialler...
    >> I can send and receive emails.... but when i launch a web browser..
    >> firefox or IE6 i get a long wait then the BSOD...fatal exception..
    >> I have checked my firewall (zonealarm pro) and even shut it down..
    >> no difference... ran the usual SBSandD, adaware, CWS and a
    >> norton AV... nothing shows....
    >> help toolman ... TIA

    > Now i get the following after the BSOD....
    >out of range
    >hf : 30 - 72 KHz
    >v : 47 - 160 KHz
    >18.2 KHz 22KHz
    >
    >My pc is used by other people.. quite a lot
    > recently but i don't think anyone has faffed with my
    > system settings.... my monitor works fine otherwise ..

    That sounds like a video card problem, maybe updating the driver? But
    WTF would it just crash on the browsers? My kid's machine crashed on
    certain programs with that kind of problem, so I swapped out the video
    card and it went away.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 3, 2004
  6. desoto

    desoto Guest

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:12:35 GMT, why?

    >On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:44:29 +0000 (UTC), desoto wrote:
    >
    >>AMD k6/192 ram/firefox1.0/agent 1.93

    >You didn't mention what OS.
    >

    >>I can connect through my broadband dialler...
    >> I can send and receive emails.... but when i launch a web browser..
    >> firefox or IE6 i get a long wait then the BSOD...fatal exception..

    >You forgot the most important part, the 1st few lines of the BSOD.
    >
    >See example,
    >http://www.rollanet.org/~benm/graphics/bsod.jpg
    >the important bits are
    >
    >1st line, text and the first three numeric codes.
    >2nd line, text and driver name at the end.

    sorry....W98se...
    haha... (done sarcastically) .....
    I just tried to boot and re occur the problem to grab the
    BSOD info...
    I dont get the BSOD anymore... I've tried twice...
    when i launch any web browser i now get a waiting
    mouse pointer icon... after that i can do nothing...
    START/SHUTDOWN/RESTART... just hangs forvever..
    i get the ' windows is closing' pane, then it hangs !...

    replace 'closed' with 'open' in email address to reply

    desoto, Dec 3, 2004