    router) using a global setting?

    Cheers,

    Daz
    Daryl, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Hi
    You need to change the IP of the Access Point to be on the same subnet as
    the Router, and make sure that only one DHCP is On.
    This page was written for a Wireless Router but you can extrapolate the
    principle for your specific need.
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 5, 2006

  3. Daryl

    Daryl Guest

    > Hi
    > You need to change the IP of the Access Point to be on the same subnet as
    > the Router, and make sure that only one DHCP is On.
    > This page was written for a Wireless Router but you can extrapolate the
    > principle for your specific need.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    I couldn't get it to work.

    My access point has an ip of 192.168.0.227 and the instructions tell me to
    set the ip of a connected pc to 192.168.0.210 to be able to connect.

    The ip of the router is 10.0.0.138 and I the pc automatically asigns itself
    10.0.0.1 to connect.

    I tried changing the ip of the access point to 10.0.0.151 with a subnet mask
    to match the router (255.0.0.0 instead of the default 255.255.255.0) but
    when I tried to access the access point I got a message along the lines of
    'sorry this is managed by 192.168.0.210).

    I reverted the settings of everything back to normal (including a hard reset
    of the access point as I could no longer access the 'settings') but I
    couldn't access the access point at all.

    In the end I had to switch everything off and connect a single ethernet
    cable from pc to access point to be able to gain control. When I connected
    up correctly again all was working (maybe the reboot was all that was needed
    to regain control of the access point).

    Anyway, have you any suggestions as to what I could do to allow the access
    point's settings page to seamlessly appear without swapping IPs (and without
    losing control altogether).

    Thanks for your help,

    Daz
    Daryl, Jan 6, 2006