Brown Recluse Bites Face

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ollie S., Aug 27, 2006.

  1. Ollie S.

    Ollie S. Guest

    Hey,

    I have this friend who really fucked up about an hour ago. We were
    all kinda drunk, he was blitzed. Got to talking about spiders and the
    other friends house we are at said he knew where a whole family of
    brown recluse spiders lived under a log in his back yard.

    So, Jimmy, that is the idiots name that was so drunk he couldn't
    hardly walk, said he didn't even think they were poisonous. Everybody
    was talking about which types of spider bites were the worst and
    everything, you know.

    Jimmy starts screaming that brown recluse spiders weren't nothing,
    they were not nowhere near as poisonous as a black widow and some
    other kind of spider he kept mumbling about, I couldn't even hear
    everything he was mumbling. Anyway, he starts getting mad and saying
    he doesn't think that brown recluse spiders are even dangerous or
    anything.

    The other friend starts screaming back at him to prove it, then, prove
    it. He dares Jimmy to let him pick the log up and to lay his head
    there. I am laughing my ass off and telling Jimmy he is really going
    to get fucked up, and he starts yelling at me and telling me to shut
    up and shit.

    I say fine, motherfucker, go ahead and put your big old head under the
    log. Well, he does. And he just lays there and says see, see, brown
    recluse spiders ain't shit. The other friend says you have to let
    them crawl up on your face then see how you like it.

    Well, Jimmy does. This crazy motherfucker lets them bite him. He
    finally thinks he has had enough and gets up bragging about how tough
    he is. We go inside and count 9 bites. 2 on his forehead, 4 all
    around his neck, and the other 3 on his cheeks.

    About 2 minutes later the drunk ass passes out on the couch. I think
    he passed out from being drunk, brown recluse can't really kill you
    can they? I don't give a damn what it does to his face, he wasn't
    worried so I'm not either. I would hate to see him die though, I
    guess I could take him to the hospital if I needed too.

    My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    Ollie
    Ollie S., Aug 27, 2006

  2. Ollie S.

    Guest

    "Ollie S." <> wrote:

    >My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    >it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    >face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    Too good to clip, wish I wrote half as well straight.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider
    says to stick your friends head in the freezer as soon as possible...

    --
    Board Dots
    http://www.boredmuch.com/view.php?id=764

  3. Ollie S.

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Ollie S." <> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > I have this friend who really fucked up about an hour ago. We were
    > all kinda drunk, he was blitzed. Got to talking about spiders and the
    > other friends house we are at said he knew where a whole family of
    > brown recluse spiders lived under a log in his back yard.
    >
    > So, Jimmy, that is the idiots name that was so drunk he couldn't
    > hardly walk, said he didn't even think they were poisonous. Everybody
    > was talking about which types of spider bites were the worst and
    > everything, you know.
    >
    > Jimmy starts screaming that brown recluse spiders weren't nothing,
    > they were not nowhere near as poisonous as a black widow and some
    > other kind of spider he kept mumbling about, I couldn't even hear
    > everything he was mumbling. Anyway, he starts getting mad and saying
    > he doesn't think that brown recluse spiders are even dangerous or
    > anything.
    >
    > The other friend starts screaming back at him to prove it, then, prove
    > it. He dares Jimmy to let him pick the log up and to lay his head
    > there. I am laughing my ass off and telling Jimmy he is really going
    > to get fucked up, and he starts yelling at me and telling me to shut
    > up and shit.
    >
    > I say fine, motherfucker, go ahead and put your big old head under the
    > log. Well, he does. And he just lays there and says see, see, brown
    > recluse spiders ain't shit. The other friend says you have to let
    > them crawl up on your face then see how you like it.
    >
    > Well, Jimmy does. This crazy motherfucker lets them bite him. He
    > finally thinks he has had enough and gets up bragging about how tough
    > he is. We go inside and count 9 bites. 2 on his forehead, 4 all
    > around his neck, and the other 3 on his cheeks.
    >
    > About 2 minutes later the drunk ass passes out on the couch. I think
    > he passed out from being drunk, brown recluse can't really kill you
    > can they? I don't give a damn what it does to his face, he wasn't
    > worried so I'm not either. I would hate to see him die though, I
    > guess I could take him to the hospital if I needed too.
    >
    > My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    > it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    > face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    So that's how they end up looking like they do. <g>

    You write very well for a drunk guy.
    DemoDisk, Aug 27, 2006
  4. Ollie S.

    Ollie S. Guest

    wrote:
    > "Ollie S." <> wrote:
    >
    >> My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    >> it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    >> face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    > Too good to clip, wish I wrote half as well straight.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider
    > says to stick your friends head in the freezer as soon as possible...

    Well, we are at a house about 2 hrs. away from the nearest hospital.
    He is still passed out drunk and doesn't seem to be in any pain,
    sleeping like a baby. He probably wouldn't want to go to a hospital
    anyway, he would just bitch about the money, the drunk bastard.

    I read what you linked to and followed a couple of links from that
    page and saw what it said about putting ice on the bites. But, I don't
    guess we can do that now. His girlfriend started freaking out when
    the welts starting growing all over his face. They are about the size
    of a nickel, I guess, looking kind of weird.

    Anyway, this crazy bitch says she wants to put butter on his face, I
    shit you not. Straight butter is gobbed up on his face now, he looks
    like a breakfast plate. I am not even going to tell them about the
    ice, then somebody is going to have to wipe all that fucking butter
    off, and his girlfriend is out drunk now.

    I sure as hell ain't going to be wiping like a bucket of butter off
    his face. He is breathing and everything and is mumbling in his sleep
    when one of us push him or something, so he is fine.

    What an idiot. He is going to wake up tomorrow with the good fortune
    of being able to look forward to his face rotting off. My friend, the
    genius.

    Ollie
    Ollie S., Aug 27, 2006
  5. Ollie S.

    Guest

    "Ollie S." <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "Ollie S." <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    >>> it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    >>> face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    >> Too good to clip, wish I wrote half as well straight.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider
    >> says to stick your friends head in the freezer as soon as possible...
    >>

    >Well, we are at a house about 2 hrs. away from the nearest hospital.
    >He is still passed out drunk and doesn't seem to be in any pain,
    >sleeping like a baby. He probably wouldn't want to go to a hospital
    >anyway, he would just bitch about the money, the drunk bastard.
    >
    >I read what you linked to and followed a couple of links from that
    >page and saw what it said about putting ice on the bites. But, I don't
    >guess we can do that now. His girlfriend started freaking out when
    >the welts starting growing all over his face. They are about the size
    >of a nickel, I guess, looking kind of weird.
    >
    >Anyway, this crazy bitch says she wants to put butter on his face, I
    >shit you not. Straight butter is gobbed up on his face now, he looks
    >like a breakfast plate. I am not even going to tell them about the
    >ice, then somebody is going to have to wipe all that fucking butter
    >off, and his girlfriend is out drunk now.
    >
    >I sure as hell ain't going to be wiping like a bucket of butter off
    >his face. He is breathing and everything and is mumbling in his sleep
    >when one of us push him or something, so he is fine.

    >What an idiot. He is going to wake up tomorrow with the good fortune
    >of being able to look forward to his face rotting off. My friend, the
    >genius.

    Ya I've seen shows and read articles of people loosing arms and such
    after being bit by a Recluse spider. Good chance those nickel size
    welts get worse, skin fall off and him have huge pits on his face for
    the rest of his life. - as you've indicated, and that's if he's lucky.

    As for death, that's rare
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiders_having_medically_significant_venom
    under Measurements (Loxosceles - Reclusa)

    Amazing story, with a butter cure :)

    --
    Board Dots
    http://www.boredmuch.com/view.php?id=764
    , Aug 27, 2006
  6. Ollie S.

    Guest

    wrote:

    >As for death, that's rare
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiders_having_medically_significant_venom
    >under Measurements (Loxosceles - Reclusa)

    Link from there http://spiders.ucr.edu/dermatol.html

    "This venom is an interesting one from the dermatologic standpoint
    73-76. In self-healing wounds, the bite site may not progress past an
    edematous erythema; these wounds do not become necrotic and
    non-intrusive care is sufficient. In more serious wounds, a
    "bull's-eye" wound may form where a central erythematous bleb is
    separated from a peripheral cyanotic region by a white zone of
    induration. If the bite becomes violaceous with the first few hours,
    this usually indicates that severe necrosis may occur 74,75 and more
    supportive measures are necessary. The initial bleb gives way to
    ischemia. A central eschar forms, hardens and within 7-14 days the
    eschar falls out leaving behind an ulcerated depression. The necrosis
    may continue to spread from the bite site possibly due to an
    autoimmune response73,74.

    Symptoms start 2-6 h after the bite73. By 12-24 h, it is usually
    apparent if a Loxosceles wound is going to become necrotic; if
    necrotic symptoms do not express by 48-96 hr, then they will not
    develop 59. Antivenom was very successful when administered within 24
    h 80 but many times, a victim does not seek treatment until after
    necrosis is well underway (more than 24 h) and therefore, antivenom is
    less effective. Systemic effects usually take 2-3 days to show
    symptoms 59. Bites that become systemic do not also become necrotic;
    it is thought that in necrotic wounds the venom is localized in the
    tissue whereas in systemic reactions the venom is distributed quickly
    into the body and without necrotic local effects 59. The wound is
    usually free of bacterial infection for the first 2-3 days but may be
    contaminated by patients due to pruritis 74. Recluse venom can exhibit
    extended necrosis in adipose tissue of thighs, buttocks and abdomen of
    obese patients; there is also a gravitational flow of the venom
    effects 59,74,76. Healing can take weeks to months and may leave a
    unsightly scar."

    --
    Board Dots
    http://www.boredmuch.com/view.php?id=764
    , Aug 27, 2006
  7. Ollie S.

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 05:30:22 +0000, Ollie S. Has Frothed:

    > Hey,
    >
    > I have this friend who really fucked up about an hour ago. We were all
    > kinda drunk, he was blitzed. Got to talking about spiders and the other
    > friends house we are at said he knew where a whole family of brown recluse
    > spiders lived under a log in his back yard.
    >
    > So, Jimmy, that is the idiots name that was so drunk he couldn't hardly
    > walk, said he didn't even think they were poisonous. Everybody was
    > talking about which types of spider bites were the worst and everything,
    > you know.
    >
    > Jimmy starts screaming that brown recluse spiders weren't nothing, they
    > were not nowhere near as poisonous as a black widow and some other kind of
    > spider he kept mumbling about, I couldn't even hear everything he was
    > mumbling. Anyway, he starts getting mad and saying he doesn't think that
    > brown recluse spiders are even dangerous or anything.
    >
    > The other friend starts screaming back at him to prove it, then, prove it.
    > He dares Jimmy to let him pick the log up and to lay his head there. I
    > am laughing my ass off and telling Jimmy he is really going to get fucked
    > up, and he starts yelling at me and telling me to shut up and shit.
    >
    > I say fine, motherfucker, go ahead and put your big old head under the
    > log. Well, he does. And he just lays there and says see, see, brown
    > recluse spiders ain't shit. The other friend says you have to let them
    > crawl up on your face then see how you like it.
    >
    > Well, Jimmy does. This crazy motherfucker lets them bite him. He finally
    > thinks he has had enough and gets up bragging about how tough he is. We
    > go inside and count 9 bites. 2 on his forehead, 4 all around his neck,
    > and the other 3 on his cheeks.
    >
    > About 2 minutes later the drunk ass passes out on the couch. I think he
    > passed out from being drunk, brown recluse can't really kill you can they?
    > I don't give a damn what it does to his face, he wasn't worried so I'm
    > not either. I would hate to see him die though, I guess I could take him
    > to the hospital if I needed too.
    >
    > My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can it
    > kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his face
    > falls off from it, that ain't my problem.
    >
    > Ollie

    Recluse bites can be fatal under the right conditions. Your friend
    probably won't die but he will wish he had. The venom destroys tissue and
    also causes your body's own immune system to destroy the surrounding
    flesh. I know someone who was bitten on the back of the neck by why they
    think was a recluse. She was in the hospital for a month.

    Meat Plow, Aug 27, 2006
  8. Ollie S.

    Rectum Burn Guest

    "Ollie S." <> said in news:O5aIg.14349$xp2.7233
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can
    > it kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his
    > face falls off from it, that ain't my problem.

    Is he dead yet?

    Rectum Burrrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Aug 27, 2006
  9. Ollie S.

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Ya I've seen shows and read articles of people loosing arms and such
    > after being bit by a Recluse spider. Good chance those nickel size

    Very rare.

    > welts get worse, skin fall off and him have huge pits on his face for

    Yes they often get worse and often you have to deal with pus and rotted
    flesh about a half dollar in size for over a year.

    Plato, Aug 28, 2006
  10. Ollie S.

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > "bull's-eye" wound may form where a central erythematous bleb is

    Right. The "bulls eye" wound is often just like a bite from an infected
    deer tick w/lyme disease. If you'r lucky.
    Plato, Aug 28, 2006
  11. Ollie S.

    Plato Guest

    Ollie S. wrote:

    > I have this friend who really fucked up about an hour ago. We were
    > all kinda drunk, he was blitzed. Got to talking about spiders and the
    > other friends house we are at said he knew where a whole family of
    > brown recluse spiders lived under a log in his back yard.

    Personally I've been bit twice and my daughter once. My partners's
    girlfried got bit once also. No need for the hospital unless you
    immediately feel sick. You may not notice the bite or it may feel like a
    very mild bee sting. You may get a silver dollar size redmark/scab in a
    week and it may last a year for the scab to heal. Or, your entire thigh
    may get all red if bit on the thigh or half your back may get red if bit
    on the back.

    The brown recluse hates humans and will bite you just cause they hate
    you. In both my cases I was in a crawl space under the kitchen and
    rolled over them and in the process of their dying I guess they slugged
    me one :)

    ps the brown recluse is a VERY fast runner...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 28, 2006
  12. Ollie S.

    Jan Guest

    In article <-meatplow.local>,
    l says...
    > On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 05:30:22 +0000, Ollie S. Has Frothed:
    >
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > I have this friend who really fucked up about an hour ago. We were all
    > > kinda drunk, he was blitzed. Got to talking about spiders and the other
    > > friends house we are at said he knew where a whole family of brown recluse
    > > spiders lived under a log in his back yard.
    > >
    > > So, Jimmy, that is the idiots name that was so drunk he couldn't hardly
    > > walk, said he didn't even think they were poisonous. Everybody was
    > > talking about which types of spider bites were the worst and everything,
    > > you know.
    > >
    > > Jimmy starts screaming that brown recluse spiders weren't nothing, they
    > > were not nowhere near as poisonous as a black widow and some other kind of
    > > spider he kept mumbling about, I couldn't even hear everything he was
    > > mumbling. Anyway, he starts getting mad and saying he doesn't think that
    > > brown recluse spiders are even dangerous or anything.
    > >
    > > The other friend starts screaming back at him to prove it, then, prove it.
    > > He dares Jimmy to let him pick the log up and to lay his head there. I
    > > am laughing my ass off and telling Jimmy he is really going to get fucked
    > > up, and he starts yelling at me and telling me to shut up and shit.
    > >
    > > I say fine, motherfucker, go ahead and put your big old head under the
    > > log. Well, he does. And he just lays there and says see, see, brown
    > > recluse spiders ain't shit. The other friend says you have to let them
    > > crawl up on your face then see how you like it.
    > >
    > > Well, Jimmy does. This crazy motherfucker lets them bite him. He finally
    > > thinks he has had enough and gets up bragging about how tough he is. We
    > > go inside and count 9 bites. 2 on his forehead, 4 all around his neck,
    > > and the other 3 on his cheeks.
    > >
    > > About 2 minutes later the drunk ass passes out on the couch. I think he
    > > passed out from being drunk, brown recluse can't really kill you can they?
    > > I don't give a damn what it does to his face, he wasn't worried so I'm
    > > not either. I would hate to see him die though, I guess I could take him
    > > to the hospital if I needed too.
    > >
    > > My question is, if you get bit by that many brown recluse spiders, can it
    > > kill you from the venom? Like I say, I don't give a shit if his face
    > > falls off from it, that ain't my problem.
    > >
    > > Ollie

    > Recluse bites can be fatal under the right conditions. Your friend
    > probably won't die but he will wish he had. The venom destroys tissue and
    > also causes your body's own immune system to destroy the surrounding

    Sounds like everyone is believing this story!
    Jan, Aug 28, 2006
  13. Ollie S.

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 02:10:56 +0000, Jan Has Frothed:

    Why's that?

    Meat Plow, Aug 28, 2006