    of linking the two comps. As a supplementary question, are the
    programs like Regedit appropriate?

    Thanks,

    nof, Mar 30, 2011

  2. nof

    nof Guest

    On 31 Mar, 11:40, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:
    > nof <> wrote:
    > >I have MFC990CW printer which I had working on my laptop but now I am
    > >using an HP and the printer won't scan. DIFxDriverPackagePreinstall
    > >Error = 10 is missing when I try to get the disc to install it.Printer
    > >says it is "connecting with PC" and goes no further. I have tried
    > >Brother but they haven't come up with a solution yet.  I am thinking
    > >of linking the two comps. As a supplementary question, are the
    > >programs like Regedit appropriate?

    > >Thanks,

    > Sorry if this is a bit too basic but have you obtained the correct driverfor
    > that printer for your specific operating system.
    > You may need to remove the old drivers and do a re-install. Removing or
    > deleting the printer from Windows operating systems does not remove the driver;
    > that procedure is operating system specific. If you would like the instructions
    > please let me know which operating system you are using on the HP system.
    > Connecting the systems may not solve the issue because you will still need a
    > driver properly installed on the HP.
    > I would not recommend the use of Regedit unless you are absolutely sure what
    > you are doing, more harm than good can come of that if you are not very
    > careful; in any event if you do use it make sure you back up your registry
    > first.
    > Tony

    I should have mentioned yes I have deleted and started again several
    times. One goes to the Brother page and downloads a set file but I
    haven't been able to work with any of them. I have addinbg a laptop to
    my nework today because the laptop had the driver however it has
    changed for some reason. I will ask Brother for an up-to-date disk.

    Thanks just the same

    nof, Mar 31, 2011

  3. nof

    Boots Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:43:57 -0700, nof wrote:

    > I should have mentioned yes I have deleted and started again several
    > times. One goes to the Brother page and downloads a set file but I
    > haven't been able to work with any of them. I have addinbg a laptop to
    > my nework today because the laptop had the driver however it has changed
    > for some reason. I will ask Brother for an up-to-date disk.

    Sounds like A PEBKAC error to me.

    Boots, Mar 31, 2011