Brother Printer MFC 7820N

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chaudhry Nijjhar, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    It was working O.K. and after I put in fresh paper in the Tray, it started
    behaving funny. It prints the first copy from the tray and then the next
    copy it wants in Manuel Feed rather than the Tray as the first copy.

    Then it won't go sleep unless I feed paper through the Manuel slot.

    I went to properties and adjusted feed to Tray first and the following but
    no effect. Reload the software to make corrections/repairs but no effect.

    Could I set the same on the machine please? I did the setting on my
    Computer.

    --
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar

    I use Win XP Professional. Intel

    Any other information needed please?

    Tel. 0118 962 3200

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    tamer311 Guest

    On Feb 28, 5:37 am, "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > It was working O.K. and after I put in fresh paper in the Tray, it started
    > behaving funny. It prints the first copy from the tray and then the next
    > copy it wants in Manuel Feed rather than the Tray as the first copy.
    >
    > Then it won't go sleep unless I feed paper through the Manuel slot.
    >
    > I went to properties and adjusted feed to Tray first and the following but
    > no effect. Reload the software to make corrections/repairs but no effect.
    >
    > Could I set the same on the machine please? I did the setting on my
    > Computer.
    >
    > --
    > Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar
    >
    > I use Win XP Professional. Intel
    >
    > Any other information needed please?
    >
    > Tel. 0118 962 3200

    Look in the manual, what you want to do is set thr tray config so that
    it uses the first tray. first not the manual feed. If you have
    problems with the system after that contact brother because it sounds
    like a problem with the printer.

    tamer311, Feb 28, 2007

  3. On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:37:09 +0000, Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:

    > It was working O.K. and after I put in fresh paper in the Tray, it started
    > behaving funny. It prints the first copy from the tray and then the next
    > copy it wants in Manuel Feed rather than the Tray as the first copy.

    There could be dust or a paper sliver jamming the switch which detects
    whether there is paper in it. Check the switch; use canned air to blow the
    crap out of it.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 1, 2007
  4. "tamer311" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 28, 5:37 am, "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <>
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> It was working O.K. and after I put in fresh paper in the Tray, it
    >> started
    >> behaving funny. It prints the first copy from the tray and then the next
    >> copy it wants in Manuel Feed rather than the Tray as the first copy.
    >>
    >> Then it won't go sleep unless I feed paper through the Manuel slot.
    >>
    >> I went to properties and adjusted feed to Tray first and the following
    >> but
    >> no effect. Reload the software to make corrections/repairs but no
    >> effect.
    >>
    >> Could I set the same on the machine please? I did the setting on my
    >> Computer.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar
    >>
    >> I use Win XP Professional. Intel
    >>
    >> Any other information needed please?
    >>
    >> Tel. 0118 962 3200

    > Look in the manual, what you want to do is set thr tray config so that
    > it uses the first tray. first not the manual feed. If you have
    > problems with the system after that contact brother because it sounds
    > like a problem with the printer.

    It is working now. I took the tray out and readjusted the side plates.

    Thank you.

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Mar 3, 2007