    it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.

    Thanks everyone

    Ben

    Ben Jones, Sep 3, 2006

  2. Ben Jones

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
    > screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas what
    > the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and plugging
    > it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
    >
    > Thanks everyone
    >
    > Ben

    Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Ben Jones

    Ben Jones Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
    >> screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas what
    >> the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and
    >> plugging
    >> it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks everyone
    >>
    >> Ben

    > Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

    Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
    manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it :eek:S
    Wondering if anybody else had more information.

    Ben

    Ben Jones, Sep 3, 2006
  4. Ben Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Your answer is here on page 132
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/BH3FB_UsaEngUsr.pdf

    pcbutts1, Sep 3, 2006
  5. Ben Jones

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:48:30 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
    >>> screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas
    >>> what the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and
    >>> plugging
    >>> it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks everyone
    >>>
    >>> Ben

    >> Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

    > Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
    > manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it :eek:S
    > Wondering if anybody else had more information.
    >
    > Ben

    Never seen that message. How long did you leave it disconnected?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2006
  6. Ben Jones

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Your answer is here on page 132

    Nice to see that you're still trying to add hits to your site to make
    that Ad money. You could have provided a link from the vendors site, but
    things like this just confirm how unethical you are.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Sep 3, 2006
  7. Ben Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Why don't you provide a link.

    pcbutts1, Sep 3, 2006
  8. Ben Jones

    Ben Jones Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:48:30 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
    >

    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

    >>> Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

    >> Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
    >> manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it
    >> :eek:S
    >> Wondering if anybody else had more information.
    >>
    >> Ben

    > Never seen that message. How long did you leave it disconnected?

    Left it off over night :eek:(

    Ben

    Ben Jones, Sep 3, 2006
  9. Ben Jones

    Ben Jones Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Your answer is here on page 132
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/BH3FB_UsaEngUsr.pdf

    Cheers PCB....I can't find any objects inside it, I've tipped it upside down
    and given it a shake, and I've left it powered off over night but still the
    same. Looks like it's dead :eek:(

    It's a shame because I really liked the printer...seperate colour cartidges,
    network ready, all-in-one, and it was a real bargain at £80GBP then with
    £30GBP cashback from brother it was only £50GBP. I bought it just over a
    year ago too...so no hope in getting Brother to fix it :eek:(

    Ah well...time to bite the bullet and buy another!

    Cheers everyone!

    Ben

    Ben Jones, Sep 3, 2006
  10. Ben Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use a can of air and check for very very small pieces, something is jamming
    it. Also try spinning the rollers backwards with the power off.

    pcbutts1, Sep 3, 2006
  11. Ben Jones

    Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote:

    >Use a can of air and check for very very small pieces, something is jamming
    >it. Also try spinning the rollers backwards with the power off.

    Could also be a stuck micro switch.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 3, 2006
  12. Ben Jones

    cuntbubble Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> jizzed:

    >Why don't you provide a link.

    Here's one:

    www.fuckingthieftards.com/pcbutts

    "Just noticed that your Superfix1.zip looks just like the real authors
    ROUGEFIX.BAT from this website:

    http://internetinspiration.co.uk/downloads/roguefix_1.55.bat

    Seems you PIRATED THE AUTHORS CODE and change the ACK to your own
    pirate
    name:

    [[[[ PIRATED CODE ]]]]
    @echo off

    :intro
    color 4F
    @echo off
    cls

    echo.
    echo.
    echo *******************
    echo * *
    echo * superfix *
    echo * *
    echo * Removal Tool *
    echo * *
    echo * *
    echo * by pcbutts1 *
    echo * *
    echo *******************
    echo.
    echo This tool will check your XP system for files and registry
    keys
    echo belonging to rogue spyware applications and their installing
    trojans
    echo.
    echo Files detected will be removed

    :notice6
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo ##########################################################
    echo # #
    echo # This removal tool has completed its functions. #
    echo # #
    echo # A logfile of any files found and deleted has been made. #
    echo # You will find superfix,txt on your desktop #
    echo # #
    echo # #
    echo # Restart your computer in normal mode #
    echo # #
    echo # Complete the cleaning process as instructed #
    echo # please email #
    echo # #
    echo # #
    echo # Pressing any key will close this program #
    echo # #
    echo ##########################################################
    echo.
    echo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    echo This removal tool has been created by pcbutts1>>superfix.txt

    [[[[ TRUE AUTHORS CODE ]]]]
    @echo off

    :intro
    color 4F
    @echo off
    cls

    echo.
    echo.
    echo *******************
    echo * *
    echo * Roguefix *
    echo * *
    echo * Removal Tool *
    echo * *
    echo * *
    echo * ©internetinspiration *
    echo * *
    echo *******************

    AND EVEN MORE PROOF:

    :notice6
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    echo ##########################################################
    echo # #
    echo # This removal tool has completed its functions. #
    echo # #
    echo # A logfile of any files found and deleted has been made. #
    echo # You will find roguefix,txt on your desktop #
    echo # #
    echo # #
    echo # Restart your computer in normal mode #
    echo # #
    echo # Complete the cleaning process as instructed at #
    echo # http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm #
    echo # #
    echo # #
    echo # Pressing any key will close this program #
    echo # #
    echo ##########################################################
    echo.
    echo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    echo This removal tool has been created by Internetinspiration.co.uk>>
    roguefix.txt

    You've been busted again PCBUTTS1."

    >"Leythos" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, pcbutts1
    >> @seedsv.com says...
    >>> Your answer is here on page 132

    >> Nice to see that you're still trying to add hits to your site to make
    >> that Ad money. You could have provided a link from the vendors site, but
    >> things like this just confirm how unethical you are.

    ___ _

    ___ _ _ _

    cuntbubble, Sep 6, 2006