Brother hl1230 Laser and Mixed O/S Office

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by broprint, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. broprint

    broprint Guest

    Hello

    We have a 5 PC office which was all Win98 last month. At that time we could
    all print in a normal manner to the printer.
    We replaced 4 of those PCs and the new ones run WinXP Prof. The printer is
    now on one of these. The new PC's have no printer problems. The remaining
    W98 PC can print single pages to the printer but when we attempt to print
    say a 5 page doc, the first page prints out and then the 'error/continue'
    light comes on. If we press continue, it prints the next third of a page and
    nothing else.

    I have downloaded the latest drivers from Brother (mid 2002) but there is no
    change. In the printer properties there is very little I can change. Has
    anybody struck this sort of thing before?

    We cannot move the printer to the W98 PC.

    I was wondering if Brother had a classic emulation like LJIII I could try.

    Any help accepted.

    broprint, Aug 5, 2003

  2. broprint

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <5eFXa.106117$>,
    says...
    > Hello
    >
    > We have a 5 PC office which was all Win98 last month. At that time we could
    > all print in a normal manner to the printer.
    > We replaced 4 of those PCs and the new ones run WinXP Prof. The printer is
    > now on one of these. The new PC's have no printer problems. The remaining
    > W98 PC can print single pages to the printer but when we attempt to print
    > say a 5 page doc, the first page prints out and then the 'error/continue'
    > light comes on. If we press continue, it prints the next third of a page and
    > nothing else.
    >
    > I have downloaded the latest drivers from Brother (mid 2002) but there is no
    > change. In the printer properties there is very little I can change. Has
    > anybody struck this sort of thing before?
    >
    > We cannot move the printer to the W98 PC.
    >
    > I was wondering if Brother had a classic emulation like LJIII I could try.

    Grab the manual or check online, but yep, it sure should do an
    emulation mode - check what it supports and try one out.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Aug 5, 2003