    send the email but I cannot find a copy of it anywhere. Can someone
    suggest where I might look for the copy? It is not among the copies
    of my other emails for which I use Thunderbird.
    Roger Dewhurst, Oct 4, 2011

  2. In article <>, Roger Dewhurst <> wrote:
    >I have a Brother DCP 165C printer/copier which has a "scan to email"
    >feature. It copies whatever is on the plate and generates an email.
    >One just has to fill in the addressee and text in the body. I can
    >send the email but I cannot find a copy of it anywhere. Can someone
    >suggest where I might look for the copy? It is not among the copies
    >of my other emails for which I use Thunderbird.

    Has the email actually gone to anywhere/anyone ? I have seen examples like
    this where something says it has sent an email ... but it hasn't. :) Best
    get confirmation that something has really happened first before looking for
    the copies ? On a clear disk ... :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 4, 2011

  3. On Oct 4, 5:04 pm,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <..com>, Roger Dewhurst <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Brother DCP 165C printer/copier which has a "scan to email"
    > >feature.  It copies whatever is on the plate and generates an email.
    > >One just has to fill in the addressee and text in the body.  I can
    > >send the email but I cannot find a copy of it anywhere.  Can someone
    > >suggest where I might look for the copy?  It is not among the copies
    > >of my other emails for which I use Thunderbird.

    > Has the email actually gone to anywhere/anyone ? I have seen examples like
    > this where something says it has sent an email ... but it hasn't. :) Best
    > get confirmation that something has really happened first before looking for
    > the copies ? On a clear disk ...  :)

    I sent a similar test email to myself using exactly the same
    procedure. It arrived!
    Roger Dewhurst, Oct 4, 2011
  4. Roger Dewhurst

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:21:09 +1300, EMB <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 4/10/2011 5:28 p.m., Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    >> On Oct 4, 5:04 pm,
    >> (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >>> Has the email actually gone to anywhere/anyone ? I have seen examples like
    >>> this where something says it has sent an email ... but it hasn't. :) Best
    >>> get confirmation that something has really happened first before looking for
    >>> the copies ? On a clear disk ... :)

    >> I sent a similar test email to myself using exactly the same
    >> procedure. It arrived!
    >>

    >AFAIK it won't go into any "sent items" folder as the Brother software
    >sends the email directly rather than via your email client.

    Can you "send" a copy to yourself as well? IOW send to two addresses -
    one to your recipient and the other to yourself so you've got a copy?
    Donchano, Oct 4, 2011
  5. Roger Dewhurst

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <0c440803-7d6d-4ba2-8477-98c2d395aef7
    @i30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, , Roger Dewhurst
    says...

    > I have a Brother DCP 165C printer/copier which has a "scan to email"
    > feature. It copies whatever is on the plate and generates an email.
    > One just has to fill in the addressee and text in the body. I can
    > send the email but I cannot find a copy of it anywhere. Can someone
    > suggest where I might look for the copy? It is not among the copies
    > of my other emails for which I use Thunderbird.

    You need to do a bit more than just send an e-mail - it needs to know of
    a "server" - normally, these things sit in a domain enviroment, but....
    check out what you can setup - configure it with an IP address that
    matches your local environment - eg if your local IP enviroment is like
    192.168.1.1 ... 255 - then try assigning it a network address of say
    192.168.1.150 . If you can it it "on" the network, then you can
    normally configure these sorts of machine via their own "web server" -
    just like an ADSL modem. So then from your PC you could go to:
    http://192.168.1.150 - and you'll find it much easier to setup via it's
    web interface.

    (Sorry I've not looked up the printer, so I could be quite wrong about
    the IP setup and it being able to be configured via a built in web
    interface / server).

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Oct 4, 2011