    otherwise obtain a copy of?

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 19, 2009

  2. WorkHard <> wrote:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> I have recently acquired a Brother DCP-115C
    >> printer/scanner/copier
    >> which is missing the install disk that goes with it. I can
    >> download
    >> the drivers from the Brother website but the install disk,
    >> which
    >> contains the Control Center (centre!) software and advanced
    >> documentation appears not to be available from there.
    >>
    >> Does any kind soul have a copy of this which I could beg,
    >> borrow, or
    >> otherwise obtain a copy of?

    > http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...dcp115c_eu_as&type2=-1&os=all&flang=all&dlid=
    >
    > Seems to have the full package @ 154MB

    Thanks, John - but that is for earlier versions of Windows. The Vista
    version is 63-odd megs and is the one I downloaded. It does not have the
    Control Center.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 19, 2009

  3. Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 20, 2009
  4. WorkHard <> wrote:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> WorkHard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...dcp115c_eu_as&type2=-1&os=all&flang=all&dlid=

    >>> Oh well.

    >> As I said - thanks for trying, anyway.

    > How the hell does this end up on velocityreviews forums?

    Do tell?

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 20, 2009
  5. Nicolaas Hawkins

    bAZZ Guest

    On Oct 20, 8:31 am, Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:
    > I have recently acquired a Brother DCP-115C printer/scanner/copier which is
    > missing the install disk that goes with it.  I can download the drivers from
    > the Brother website but the install disk, which contains the Control Center
    > (centre!) software and advanced documentation appears not to be available
    > from there.
    >
    > Does any kind soul have a copy of this which I could beg, borrow, or
    > otherwise obtain a copy of?
    >
    > --
    > - Nicolaas

    Can't help but the link here may be of interest.
    http://printer1.blogspot.com/2009/10/printer-brother-drivers.html
    Goes to the US brother downloads site. HTH

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Oct 20, 2009
  6. bAZZ <> wrote:

    > On Oct 20, 8:31 am, Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:
    >> I have recently acquired a Brother DCP-115C printer/scanner/copier which is
    >> missing the install disk that goes with it.  I can download the drivers from
    >> the Brother website but the install disk, which contains the Control Center
    >> (centre!) software and advanced documentation appears not to be available
    >> from there.
    >>
    >> Does any kind soul have a copy of this which I could beg, borrow, or
    >> otherwise obtain a copy of?
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Nicolaas

    > Can't help but the link here may be of interest.
    > http://printer1.blogspot.com/2009/10/printer-brother-drivers.html
    > Goes to the US brother downloads site. HTH
    >
    > bAZZ

    Thank you for the reply.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 20, 2009
  7. Nicolaas Hawkins

    PeeCee Guest

    "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently acquired a Brother DCP-115C printer/scanner/copier which is
    > missing the install disk that goes with it. I can download the drivers
    > from
    > the Brother website but the install disk, which contains the Control
    > Center
    > (centre!) software and advanced documentation appears not to be available
    > from there.
    >
    > Does any kind soul have a copy of this which I could beg, borrow, or
    > otherwise obtain a copy of?
    >
    > --
    > - Nicolaas

    Nickolas

    Try downloading and running that earlier version there may well be an option
    to install just the Control Center software on it's own.
    (Custom or Advanced possibly)

    You could try both before and after installing the Vista drivers.

    Best
    Paul
    PeeCee, Oct 21, 2009
  8. PeeCee <> wrote:

    > "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >>I have recently acquired a Brother DCP-115C printer/scanner/copier which is
    >> missing the install disk that goes with it. I can download the drivers
    >> from
    >> the Brother website but the install disk, which contains the Control
    >> Center
    >> (centre!) software and advanced documentation appears not to be available
    >> from there.
    >>
    >> Does any kind soul have a copy of this which I could beg, borrow, or
    >> otherwise obtain a copy of?
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Nicolaas

    > Nickolas
    >
    > Try downloading and running that earlier version there may well be an option
    > to install just the Control Center software on it's own.
    > (Custom or Advanced possibly)
    >
    > You could try both before and after installing the Vista drivers.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul

    I had thought to do that. I have downloaded the XP version but have not
    (yet?) tried installing it. The Vista version seems to be running the
    printer OK (even though I am running Win7RTM, not Vista) but without the
    control center. I might try the XP version when I am feeling brave, but I
    really don't need anything puking in my lap at this stage. I see that the
    Win7 drivers for the 115 are slated for release in December - I wonder what
    that will contain.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 21, 2009
  9. Nicolaas Hawkins

    KiwiBrian Guest

    N., can you drop me an email so I can email you direct re your W7
    installation.

    KiwiBrian, Oct 21, 2009
  10. KiwiBrian <> wrote:

    > N., can you drop me an email so I can email you direct re your W7
    > installation.

    My reply-to address is good.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 21, 2009
  11. Nicolaas Hawkins

    KiwiBrian Guest

    I have been unable to achieve success using the below address or several
    guesses of likely permutations.
    Perhaps a direct email from you to me may clarify the issue for me.
    B.

    KiwiBrian, Oct 21, 2009
  12. KiwiBrian <> wrote:

    > I have been unable to achieve success using the below address or several
    > guesses of likely permutations.
    > Perhaps a direct email from you to me may clarify the issue for me.
    > B.
    >
    > "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    >> KiwiBrian <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> N., can you drop me an email so I can email you direct re your W7
    >>> installation.

    >> My reply-to address is good.
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Nicolaas