    Thanks.

    -Fleemo

    , May 21, 2007

  2. Rich Guest

    On May 21, 3:09 pm, wrote:
    > I found a great deal on eBay, one of those almost too good to be true
    > deals. (Camera comes with carrying case, filters, lenses, tripod,
    > etc. for about $50 more than I'd expect to pay for the camera alone.)
    > They operate out of Brooklyn and I've heard tales about dishonest
    > Brooklyn dealers. That, combined with a "too good to be true" kind of
    > deal really makes me hesitant. But they've got a pretty good seller
    > rating on eBay, and have responded reasonably to most of the negative
    > remarks posted. I also could find nothing negative on them with the
    > BBB.
    >
    > On the eBay page where it lists the Warranty Information, they left
    > the spot blank. When I inquired about it, asking whether the
    > merchandise was gray market or not, they replied, "It is a USA
    > camcorder with our store warranty only. Since we are resellers and not
    > dealers we cannot advertise it with manufactures warranty." Should
    > this sound warning bells, or is this standard procedure?
    >
    > Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Sunshine Electronics
    > out of Brooklyn?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Fleemo

    Do you like garbage? Then by all means get one of those packaged
    "kits" the slime claim you are saving hundreds on and SEE what kind
    of: filters, tripod, etc, you get with it.

    Rich, May 21, 2007

  3. Their statements makes it very clear that you will not get the
    manufacturer's warranty. If it breaks, it's between you and the store.
    Period. Suppose this happens after two months. What do you think will
    happen? There would be no problem with the manufacturer;s warranty in
    almost all cases, but you could be in for a hard time. It's 100% up to
    the store what they will do, and you have no recourse. I would never buy
    under these conditions, but if you like to gamble and and hope nothing
    goes wrong, you can certainly take the chance. Also, how much do you
    need those filters, tripod, lenses, etc., and how good are they? Often
    those package deals have second-rate stuff bundled with the camera.

    Joe

    Joseph Miller, May 21, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message

    > On the eBay page where it lists the Warranty Information, they left
    > the spot blank. When I inquired about it, asking whether the
    > merchandise was gray market or not, they replied, "It is a USA
    > camcorder with our store warranty only. Since we are resellers and not
    > dealers we cannot advertise it with manufactures warranty."

    In other words, it's gray market, but they tried to mislead you into
    believing otherwise.

    Andrew Koenig, May 21, 2007
  5. Guest

    On May 21, 12:09 pm, wrote:

    > Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Sunshine Electronics
    > out of Brooklyn?

    www.resellerratings.com - look them up.

    Jerry

    , May 22, 2007
  6. Mr. Digital Guest

    On 2007-05-21 19:32:14 -0400, ""
    <> said:

    > On May 21, 12:09 pm, wrote:
    >

    >> Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Sunshine Electronics
    >> out of Brooklyn?

    > www.resellerratings.com - look them up.
    >
    > Jerry

    1) DO NOT BUY GREY MARKET ELECTRONICS INCL. CAMS EVER !

    2) ONLY BUY "KITS" IF ITS FROM THE MFG.. I.E NIKON D200 W/ 18-55 KIT LENSE.

    Mr. Digital, May 22, 2007
  7. Cynicor Guest

    Mr. Digital wrote:
    > On 2007-05-21 19:32:14 -0400, ""
    > <> said:
    >
    >> On May 21, 12:09 pm, wrote:
    >>

    >>> Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with Sunshine Electronics
    >>> out of Brooklyn?

    >> www.resellerratings.com - look them up.
    >>
    >> Jerry

    > 1) DO NOT BUY GREY MARKET ELECTRONICS INCL. CAMS EVER !
    >
    > 2) ONLY BUY "KITS" IF ITS FROM THE MFG.. I.E NIKON D200 W/ 18-55 KIT
    > LENSE.

    3) If you do accidentally buy a gray market electronic item, resell it
    on eBay to some sucker.

    Cynicor, May 22, 2007
  8. Ben Miller Guest

    On May 21, 7:45 pm, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > Mr. Digital wrote:
    > > On 2007-05-21 19:32:14 -0400, ""
    > > <> said:

    > >>www.resellerratings.com- look them up.

    > >> Jerry

    > > 1) DO NOT BUY GREY MARKET ELECTRONICS INCL. CAMS EVER !

    > > 2) ONLY BUY "KITS" IF ITS FROM THE MFG.. I.E NIKON D200 W/ 18-55 KIT
    > > LENSE.

    > 3) If you do accidentally buy a gray market electronic item, resell it
    > on eBay to some sucker.- Hide quoted text -

    Interesting - before I hit this thread I was just reading B&H's
    disclaimer on grey market/imported items. It seems that B&H includes
    their own "in house" warranty that the manufacturer will not provide
    within the US. With B&H's good reputation and strong customer
    service, would you still make this claim? I'm considering doing just
    this, to save close to a grand on a lens. I quote:

    "Any "grey market" item B&H Photo-Video sells includes a B&H warranty,
    which covers the same particulars the USA warranty would cover for a
    period of one year. The only difference is that you would ship the
    item to B&H for service. Your original B&H Photo-Video product invoice
    is all that is required."

    Also, to the OP, outside of Cameta Auctions, forget Ebay - buy from
    Berger Bros or B&H. Brad Berger (a Bergor Bro) from Berger will work
    with you to the narrowest of margins on whatever it is you are looking
    for, as he is wise enough to know that in exchange for your little
    purchase, there will probably be more and more down the road. I am
    loyal to him if it is even remotely financially feasible to be so.

    Ben Miller, May 22, 2007
  9. Cynicor Guest

    Ben Miller wrote:
    > Also, to the OP, outside of Cameta Auctions, forget Ebay - buy from
    > Berger Bros or B&H. Brad Berger (a Bergor Bro) from Berger will work
    > with you to the narrowest of margins on whatever it is you are looking
    > for, as he is wise enough to know that in exchange for your little
    > purchase, there will probably be more and more down the road. I am
    > loyal to him if it is even remotely financially feasible to be so.

    Of course, Brad also chews out his employees if they throw in a free
    anti-static wipe with a $4000 lens.

    On the other hand, they give me a 5% "professionals" discount when I go
    there now, and they tell me exactly what they pay for an item when they
    can't beat the B&H price.

    Cynicor, May 22, 2007
  10. Cynicor wrote:

    > Of course, Brad also chews out his employees if they throw in a free
    > anti-static wipe with a $4000 lens.
    >
    > On the other hand, they give me a 5% "professionals" discount when I
    > go there now, and they tell me exactly what they pay for an item when
    > they can't beat the B&H price.

    And do you believe them? I once had a manager of a new car dealership tell
    me they only make $100 on each sale. I laughed and walked out.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 22, 2007
  11. Cynicor Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >
    >> Of course, Brad also chews out his employees if they throw in a free
    >> anti-static wipe with a $4000 lens.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, they give me a 5% "professionals" discount when I
    >> go there now, and they tell me exactly what they pay for an item when
    >> they can't beat the B&H price.

    > And do you believe them? I once had a manager of a new car dealership tell
    > me they only make $100 on each sale. I laughed and walked out.

    Well, I don't buy from them if they can't match the B&H price, if that's
    what you mean.

    Did the car dealer offer to waive the ADM for you?

    Cynicor, May 22, 2007
  12. Cynicor wrote:

    >> And do you believe them? I once had a manager of a new car
    >> dealership tell me they only make $100 on each sale. I laughed and
    >> walked out.

    > Well, I don't buy from them if they can't match the B&H price, if
    > that's what you mean.

    I know Cameta's prices can be lower than B&H's at times, but I've been
    finding B&H has been lower on some stuff recently. I just research and buy
    from the dealer that offers the better price. All of the ones we deal with
    have great service, so it comes down to bottom line for me.

    > Did the car dealer offer to waive the ADM for you?

    Nope! He didn't want to remove the dealer markup and thought he had a
    sucker. I shop for cars with a price in mind. If the dealer doesn't want
    the meet that price it's a clear indication he doesn't want to sell the car.
    Like I tell them, I'm ready to buy if you're willing to sell. It's too easy
    to find great deals on new cars than to waste time screwing around with
    dealerships that don't want to sell you the car.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 22, 2007
  13. Ben Miller Guest

    On May 22, 5:22 am, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > Ben Miller wrote:
    > > Also, to the OP, outside of Cameta Auctions, forget Ebay - buy from
    > > Berger Bros or B&H. Brad Berger (a Bergor Bro) from Berger will work
    > > with you to the narrowest of margins on whatever it is you are looking
    > > for, as he is wise enough to know that in exchange for your little
    > > purchase, there will probably be more and more down the road. I am
    > > loyal to him if it is even remotely financially feasible to be so.

    > Of course, Brad also chews out his employees if they throw in a free
    > anti-static wipe with a $4000 lens.

    I call major bullshit. Someone who not only beat B&H on a D2x, but
    sent me a 70-200 VR lens pending a commission check I was due two
    weeks after the sale, helped me recover two expired Nikon USA rebates
    on purchases made through a competitor, and went so far as to make
    sure I got in on a rebate that was set to expire before I could make
    another purchase doesn't fit the profile of a guy who gives two flying
    shits about an anti-static cloth. Anything's possible, but I smell a
    rat or an employess with an axe to grind.

    > On the other hand, they give me a 5% "professionals" discount when I go
    > there now, and they tell me exactly what they pay for an item when they
    > can't beat the B&H price.

    If Brad is even in the same ballpark, I'm buying from him. You don't
    get service like he gives from anyone...and it has engendered loyalty
    from me. Now, if it's a blowout in the other direction, I'll try to
    negotiate with him - if he can't meet it, I'm going through B&H.

    On another note, how the hell do the every-town brick and mortars stay
    in business at all anymore? The local ones have shit pricing and
    lousy selections - you would think they would make it up on great
    service, alas not so.. They never match Interent pricing, even from
    players like B&H - the onyl time they ever see dollar one from me is
    in an emregency, or possibly very low margin items like filters, film,
    or I don't know, lens caps...whatever. Sorry for the rant!

    Ben Miller, May 23, 2007