    ground around making a total of 7 - it doesn't look easy to separate the
    grounds

    Any advice appreciated
    David Wood, Jan 22, 2006

  2. David Wood

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    David Wood <>, advocated in
    <dqvo9j$vk0$2surf.net>:

    > The connector on my SATA drive is completely broken off.

    The Trump of Death is his name.

    > I am intending to try to solder a SATA cable directly onto the drive
    > to fix this Anyone got any advice or experience doing this.

    Get rid of SP2.

    > The cables seem to be 2 x pairs plus ground around making a total of 7
    > - it doesn't look easy to separate the grounds.

    It's good when people know what they can't do.

    > Any advice appreciated.

    I don't hand out advice.
    Fred Tehbot, Jan 22, 2006

  3. David Wood

    Parko Guest

    David Wood wrote:
    > The connector on my SATA drive is completely broken off. I am intending to
    > try to solder a SATA cable directly onto the drive to fix this Anyone got
    > any advice or experience doing this. The cables seem to be 2 x pairs plus
    > ground around making a total of 7 - it doesn't look easy to separate the
    > grounds
    >
    > Any advice appreciated

    Don't.

    --
    Parko
    No sig, it's too effin' hot.
    Parko, Jan 22, 2006
  4. David Wood wrote:
    > The connector on my SATA drive is completely broken off. I am
    > intending to try to solder a SATA cable directly onto the drive to
    > fix this Anyone got any advice or experience doing this. The cables
    > seem to be 2 x pairs plus ground around making a total of 7 - it
    > doesn't look easy to separate the grounds
    >
    > Any advice appreciated

    If you're handy with a soldering iron, here's a link to
    the SATA specs.
    http://www.serialata.org/specifications.asp
    There is a lot of information on the site which
    you will have to wade through. You can find
    the pinouts for the connectors there.

    The Daring Dufas (hardware troll)
    The Daring Dufas, Jan 22, 2006
  5. David Wood

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dqvo9j$vk0$2surf.net,
    David Wood spewed forth:
    > The connector on my SATA drive is completely broken off. I am
    > intending to try to solder a SATA cable directly onto the drive to
    > fix this Anyone got any advice or experience doing this. The cables
    > seem to be 2 x pairs plus ground around making a total of 7 - it
    > doesn't look easy to separate the grounds
    >
    > Any advice appreciated

    Advice? Advice??? Hey, POOPHEAD - go back and read the answers to your
    PREVIOUS request for this same information. How's THAT for ADVICE?

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006
  6. David Wood

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:54:41 -0000, David Wood wrote:

    >The connector on my SATA drive is completely broken off. I am intending to
    >try to solder a SATA cable directly onto the drive to fix this Anyone got

    <snip>

    >Any advice appreciated

    Read the last replies you got.

    Me