Broken Link???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by LTTonyB, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. LTTonyB

    LTTonyB Guest

    I'm trying to download a fix for an issue I'm having running 16 bit app
    on my XP computer... I keep getting this error: > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsyste
    > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable fo
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' t
    > terminate the application.

    I found a fix for the problem on this site, on this lin
    http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php, which was great... THEN,
    couldn't find my freakin' XP install disks, so I resorted to the lin
    on that page that is supposed to download a fix, but the link appear
    to be broken...

    Can anybody help the newbie??? Thanks..

    --
    LTTony
    LTTonyB's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1343

    LTTonyB, Jun 3, 2005

  2. LTTonyB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "LTTonyB" <> wrote in message

    > I'm trying to download a fix for an issue I'm having running 16 bit apps
    > on my XP computer... I keep getting this error: > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    >> C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
    >> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
    >> terminate the application.

    > I found a fix for the problem on this site, on this link
    > http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php, which was great... THEN, I
    > couldn't find my freakin' XP install disks, so I resorted to the link
    > on that page that is supposed to download a fix, but the link appears
    > to be broken...
    >
    > Can anybody help the newbie??? Thanks...

    Give this one a look:
    http://kb.bighammer.com/article.aspx?id=10003

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2005