Broken IBM Thinkpad 365X Laptop

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Nimrod, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. Nimrod

    Nimrod Guest

    I have an IBM Thinkpad 365X laptop which started developing problems
    powering up. It wouldn't start up every time and was really sensitive
    to how charged the battery was.

    I thought I needed a new battery. That didn't change things.

    Then I thought maybe I should try a new power supply. That wasn't the
    problem either.

    It started to look like it was a problem with the start-up circuitry
    because the lights would cycle repeatedly when the laptop wouldn't
    start up.

    Sometimes the laptop just wouldn't respond to the ON switch.

    Now it never responds to the on switch. Whatever circuit element was
    intermittent completely failed.

    So, is there anyway to fix this thing and get parts for it or should I
    consider it a lost cause and deep six it?

    I may just sell the floppy drive and batteries on eBay...

    Nimrod, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Nimrod

    JD Guest

    That's a really old machine. Sounds like a defective system board. That
    would cost you many more times than the laptop itself unless it's still
    under warranty which I doubt it is.

    JD, Aug 14, 2004