    based on the sale price used. Oh well.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Matt Silberstein

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Ok, it is going to cost me $150 to repair my F707. It seems to me that
    > since I can't touch anything reasonable in that price range, that the
    > F707 goes for about $350-$400 used, that it is worth my while to have
    > them fix it. If they don't throw in a cleaning I will have them do
    > that while they are at it. As usual, I wonder if they set the price
    > based on the sale price used. Oh well.

    I think that a very reasonable price to fix that camera.

    I dont know what I would do without my 717 (other than buy another camera).

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Mar 29, 2005

  3. On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:30:52 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Larry
    <> in
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Ok, it is going to cost me $150 to repair my F707. It seems to me that
    >> since I can't touch anything reasonable in that price range, that the
    >> F707 goes for about $350-$400 used, that it is worth my while to have
    >> them fix it. If they don't throw in a cleaning I will have them do
    >> that while they are at it. As usual, I wonder if they set the price
    >> based on the sale price used. Oh well.
    >>

    >I think that a very reasonable price to fix that camera.

    I can't really say. It is probably about as easy a fix as can be, but
    that still probably means 2+ hours of work, plus processing, plus
    parts.

    >I dont know what I would do without my 717 (other than buy another camera).

    Me to. I am almost certainly going to fix it.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Matt Silberstein

    Sheldon Guest

    "Matt Silberstein" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Ok, it is going to cost me $150 to repair my F707. It seems to me that
    > since I can't touch anything reasonable in that price range, that the
    > F707 goes for about $350-$400 used, that it is worth my while to have
    > them fix it. If they don't throw in a cleaning I will have them do
    > that while they are at it. As usual, I wonder if they set the price
    > based on the sale price used. Oh well.

    Generally, when they repair a camera they clean it, too. Kinda like a
    watch.
    Sheldon, Mar 30, 2005
  5. On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:25:59 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "Sheldon"
    <> in <>
    wrote:

    >"Matt Silberstein" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> Ok, it is going to cost me $150 to repair my F707. It seems to me that
    >> since I can't touch anything reasonable in that price range, that the
    >> F707 goes for about $350-$400 used, that it is worth my while to have
    >> them fix it. If they don't throw in a cleaning I will have them do
    >> that while they are at it. As usual, I wonder if they set the price
    >> based on the sale price used. Oh well.
    >>

    >Generally, when they repair a camera they clean it, too. Kinda like a
    >watch.

    That's what I figured. If I go for the repair I am going to tell
    myself that the cleaning was worth $100. A lie, of course, but it will
    make me feel like the repair was cheap.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 30, 2005