  1. Irwell

    Irwell Guest

    Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    Irwell, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Irwell

    MG Guest

    MG, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Irwell

    Robertwgross Guest

    Irwell wrote:
    >Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    Only one. Bad.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Check www.resellerratings.com. and then look for a reputable dealer
    like B&H or Adorama.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Irwell

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Irwell wrote:

    > Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    STAY AWAY!!!

    Check consumer ratings online.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 13, 2003
  6. Irwell

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 14, 2003
  7. Irwell

    Don Wiss Guest

    Don Wiss, Dec 14, 2003
  8. >Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    Purchased a gift for my parents there a couple of weeks ago. I got the shipment
    in excellent condition in just three days.... New York to Birmingham, AL.

    I would purchase from them again.

    -----
    Kerry Sanders
    http://photos.pshack.com/

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 14, 2003
  9. It may be a generalization but the best advice I could anyone
    regarding this is to stay away from any camera reseller that has a
    Brooklyn address.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 14, 2003
  10. Kerry Sanders, Dec 14, 2003
  11. On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:04:01 GMT, (Irwell) wrote:

    >Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    My apologies... I misread your message. I have not purchased from Broadway
    Photo. I did purchased from B&H Photo-Video.

    I did read different reviews on Broadway Photo and almost purchased from them
    until I did read those reviews. I decided to stay away as others have mentioned
    in the thread.

    Now this is the correct ResellerRatings.com review for Broadway Photo. Again,
    as others have mentioned... stay away.

    -----
    Kerry Sanders
    http://photos.pshack.com/

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 14, 2003
  12. Irwell

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getreview.php/retid=314/ut=44660bd459282c5f

    >> says it all.

    > Different review sites... different opinions, I guess.
    > ResellerRatings has them reviewed highly.
    >
    > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1914.html

    Yeah, too bad the link you posted is to B&H,
    *NOT* Broadway Photo.

    This is the REAL link to the Broadway Photo
    ratings:

    The music is EXACTLY the same: BP are crooks.

    Nice try, don't tell me you actually work for these people... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 14, 2003
  13. Irwell

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,
    Thankfully no experience since I avoid them like the Flu that is going around
    and there is no vaccine against their bait and switch.

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 14, 2003
  14. Irwell

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <> wrote:

    >It may be a generalization but the best advice I could anyone
    >regarding this is to stay away from any camera reseller that has a
    >Brooklyn address.

    You wouldn't be far off. Focus Camera has been a Brooklyn presence for
    decades. But even they have set up a subsidiary where they have completely
    hidden its true location, which would of course identify the connection.
    The only Brooklyn dealer that I can recall getting some decent reviews here
    is dBuys.com (a.k.a. ibuydigital.com).

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don Wiss, Dec 14, 2003
  15. Irwell

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Any experience buying from Broadway Photo?

    My sister just bought from Broadway Photo and they sent her a USED
    camera - obviously used. They gave her a hard time about taking it
    back and kept trying to lower the price instead. She eventually
    returned the camera.

    , Dec 14, 2003
  16. I may be mistaken but I recall reading an article that noted that
    there is also a Broadway Camera located in New Jersey that has no
    connection to the one in Brooklyn and is a decent honest business.
    Unfortunately, that one is linked by name to the crooks in Brooklyn.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 14, 2003
  17. This kind of story sounds far-fetched until you realize who she's
    doing business with. Then you realize that it is far truer than one
    could have imagined and that these crooks are capable of anthing.
    It's a wonder how they all manage to stay in business.

    There's no substitute for a good neighborhood camera shop. I shop at
    Cameta Camera in Amityville, NY. I'm not a pro, some say I don't
    qualify as an amateur, but I have bought several cameras from them
    along with any additional "stuff" I needed. Fair prices, excellent
    service, and impecable honesty.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 14, 2003
  18. Irwell

    Mark B. Guest

    "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <> wrote in message
    > This kind of story sounds far-fetched until you realize who she's
    > doing business with. Then you realize that it is far truer than one
    > could have imagined and that these crooks are capable of anthing.
    > It's a wonder how they all manage to stay in business.
    >
    > There's no substitute for a good neighborhood camera shop. I shop at
    > Cameta Camera in Amityville, NY. I'm not a pro, some say I don't
    > qualify as an amateur, but I have bought several cameras from them
    > along with any additional "stuff" I needed. Fair prices, excellent
    > service, and impecable honesty.

    If there was a good neighborhood camera shop around here, I'd use them.
    There isn't a good shop within 20 miles of where I live, not one with a
    selection & inventory that can compare to B&H.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 14, 2003
  19. Irwell

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Paolo Pizzi <> wrote:

    >This is the REAL link to the Broadway Photo
    >ratings:
    >
    >http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1995.html
    >
    >The music is EXACTLY the same: BP are crooks.

    I was searching around for some more Brooklyn dealers to take pictures of.
    I found an excellent method. Do a google search on the resellerratings.com
    site for Brooklyn. I now have a list of places to visit! Even ones that are
    already out of business. Then a couple of new names for places that are
    already in my collection. Like InoaX is another name for One Stop Digital.
    This was a hard catch. They completely hide their address and local phone
    numbers. But some fellow was posting a negative review on Dealtime and
    included the return address they gave him. Bingo! It matched One Stop
    Digital.

    Weather isn't so good here in Brooklyn. And Christmas business is coming.
    So it may be a few weeks before new pictures are up. Watch for "Brooklyn
    dealer pictures" in the subject.

    Oh, the reason for the post. When searching around I found on google that
    Broadway Photo was a sponsored link at the top of a search! So I sent
    google that link above...

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don Wiss, Dec 14, 2003
  20. Irwell

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    A friend of mine got screwed but solid by Honest Abe's Focus back in the
    1960s - when people tended to send money orders to these places. He got a
    cheap POS lens in a Nikon mount instead of the Nikkor they advertised, and
    there was nothing he could do to get his money back. I gather they have
    re-formed in later years, but I still won't have anything to do with them --
    Us Italians have long memories.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto