Broadway Photo on the net.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ScorpionKing@attNOSPAM.net, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Guest

    I posted here a week or more ago asking about B&H Photo. Most posters
    if not all politely replied that I would Have no problems with them.

    HAving read these relies and my heart set on a new Sony V-1 I went on
    the net at 01:00 and started doing my last minute research on the V1
    to make sure this is what I really wanted. About an hour later and
    fading fast, was prepared to buy it when as luck would have it, an ad
    for B&H photo was sitting on the right side of my screen on some web
    page. I click. I see. I see that B&H has what appears to be the
    best price on the net for a Sony V1. WOW! I'm one lucky guy. I buy.

    so now it's a day later and I get a call about my order. The kid on
    the phone tries to get me to buy all this other crap that i don't
    want. All told It takes me about 4 minutes of saying no to get rid of
    him. I'm confused because I thought I'd read that B&H didn't do this.
    Later in the day I get an e-mail confirmation that my order for a V1
    with BROADWAY PHOTO has been processed. WHAT???????? I ordered from
    B&H! I check my IE history and low and behold, I did go to Broadway
    Photo's site. I was on the ragged edge when I placed the order, but I
    didn't know I was that out of it.

    Now I go on and do a search for ratings of Broadway Photo. I go
    further and check the news group. GOD HELP ME! What have I done?
    Everyone bar none had some problem with gray market, pushy sales
    people, miss billings, bad service, ect.

    I was all se to cancel my order when I realized that I could just wait
    it out a bit and see what happens. If they are as bad as everyone
    says or I'm unhappy, i will just call my credit card company.

    I week and a half later UPS delivers a New, UNopened, Sony V1 with all
    the US warranties, not in store, and an original Sony manual, not
    photo copied.

    Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
    right with Broadway Photo?

    I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one of
    the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?

    I haven't played with the camera yet, maybe I should hold for awhile?
    --
    Like a game of pick up stick played by fucking lunatics
    , Aug 13, 2003

  2. Charlie Self Guest

    Scorpion King writes:

    >Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
    >right with Broadway Photo?
    >
    >I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one of
    >the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?

    Doesn't matter if it was a fluke or not...you got what you ordered in a timely
    manner, without much hassles. Seems to me a favorable report is in order,
    regardless of alleged past performance with people you don't know.

    Charlie Self

    "The future will be better tomorrow."
    Dan Quayle
    Charlie Self, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Guest

    On 13 Aug 2003 21:00:16 GMT, leah (Charlie Self)
    wrote:

    >Scorpion King writes:
    >
    >>Am I the only lucky guy on this planet that's ever had anything go
    >>right with Broadway Photo?
    >>
    >>I'm thinking about posting a positive review of their store on one

    of
    >>the rating sites to be fair, but is it just a flook?
    >>

    >Doesn't matter if it was a fluke or not...you got what you ordered in

    a timely
    >manner, without much hassles. Seems to me a favorable report is in

    order,
    >regardless of alleged past performance with people you don't know.
    >
    >Charlie Self
    >
    >"The future will be better tomorrow."
    >Dan Quayle

    I suppose you're right.