    Gary Guest

    Has anyone here had any good experience with broadvoice? I am having
    nothing but grief with their service and especially their tech support
    Gary, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Gary

    Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > Has anyone here had any good experience with broadvoice? I am having
    > nothing but grief with their service and especially their tech support

    I've heard mixed reviews, but I personally haven't used Broadvoice at
    all. If tech/customer support is your major problem, I would encourage
    you to take a look at SunRocket, who seems to have some of the best
    support around. Just an idea.
    , Jun 20, 2005

  3. Gary

    Guest

    Broadvoice doesn't service my area so I looked into other options. I
    came close to signing up for Vonage but didn't when they wanted to
    charge me an activation fee plus a shipping fee for the equipment. I
    researched online and came across Sunrocket.

    Sunrocket's package included:

    ·No Activation Fees, sign up fees, hidden fees or even shipping fees
    to send the equipment.

    ·Free Uniden 2.4 Ghz phone system (two phones) - we needed this
    since our wireless phones were dead.

    ·Two phone lines (one is a virtual number)

    ·Unlimited Long Distance to US and Canada

    ·$3 per month allowance for international calls - plus their
    international rates are really reasonable.

    ·Two directory assistance calls included each month.

    ·Voicemail and all the phone features you need (call waiting, call id,
    fowarding, blocking, etc).

    ·No cancellation fees.

    So far the service has been outstanding! I swear it sounds better than
    my former telco (which by the way I found great pleasure in "firing").
    I have had no problems with outages whatsoever. If you pay the annual
    in advance, it comes out to $16.58 per month for unlimited US
    (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada calls. No taxes - that's the
    bottom line price.

    By the way, the Uniden phones are by far the best phones I have ever
    owned. The clarity and features are amazing! I had previously bought
    Northwestern Bell 2.4ghz system -- it was terrible, full of static and
    you could not hear the caller over the background hiss. I will only
    buy Unidens from now on.

    In order to get the free Uniden phones, you have to supply a coupon
    code. If you can't find a code, you can use the following code when
    signing up to get the phones - 7272140588. After entering the code,
    the page it takes you to should show a picture of the Uniden phones.

    Hope this info helps!

    wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    > > Has anyone here had any good experience with broadvoice? I am having
    > > nothing but grief with their service and especially their tech support

    > I've heard mixed reviews, but I personally haven't used Broadvoice at
    > all. If tech/customer support is your major problem, I would encourage
    > you to take a look at SunRocket, who seems to have some of the best
    > support around. Just an idea.
    , Jun 23, 2005
  4. Gary

    Wizzzer Guest

    You're not alone, Gary. Take a look at the reviews on Broadband Reports:
    http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2453
    I have Packet8 and it's been great. Only problem so far (since Feb 2005)
    was that it took 5 weeks to port my old number. In fairness, a lot of that
    was probably SBC dragging their feet. Our service has never been down since
    it was installed. Motormouth wifey burns 1500 minutes a month (minimum), if
    it was, she'd know. Sound quality and service couldn't be better. Dear
    wifey would rather get rid of me and the dog than Packet8.
    Cheers, Wizzzer

    --
    LINUX: Some things are free for a reason.

    Wizzzer, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Gary

    Guest

    wrote:
    > Broadvoice doesn't service my area so I looked into other options. I
    > came close to signing up for Vonage but didn't when they wanted to
    > charge me an activation fee plus a shipping fee for the equipment. I
    > researched online and came across Sunrocket.
    >
    > Sunrocket's package included:
    >
    > ·No Activation Fees, sign up fees, hidden fees or even shipping fees
    > to send the equipment.
    >
    > ·Free Uniden 2.4 Ghz phone system (two phones) - we needed this
    > since our wireless phones were dead.
    >
    > ·Two phone lines (one is a virtual number)
    >
    > ·Unlimited Long Distance to US and Canada
    >
    > ·$3 per month allowance for international calls - plus their
    > international rates are really reasonable.
    >
    > ·Two directory assistance calls included each month.
    >
    > ·Voicemail and all the phone features you need (call waiting, call id,
    > fowarding, blocking, etc).
    >
    > ·No cancellation fees.
    >
    > So far the service has been outstanding! I swear it sounds better than
    > my former telco (which by the way I found great pleasure in "firing").
    > I have had no problems with outages whatsoever. If you pay the annual
    > in advance, it comes out to $16.58 per month for unlimited US
    > (including Hawaii and Alaska) and Canada calls. No taxes - that's the
    > bottom line price.
    >
    > By the way, the Uniden phones are by far the best phones I have ever
    > owned. The clarity and features are amazing! I had previously bought
    > Northwestern Bell 2.4ghz system -- it was terrible, full of static and
    > you could not hear the caller over the background hiss. I will only
    > buy Unidens from now on.
    >
    > In order to get the free Uniden phones, you have to supply a coupon
    > code. If you can't find a code, you can use the following code when
    > signing up to get the phones - 7272140588. After entering the code,
    > the page it takes you to should show a picture of the Uniden phones.
    >
    > Hope this info helps!

    I'd say rudy summed up SunRocket really well. It's a great service
    that seems to be getting better reviews than Broadvoice. I too have
    had a really good exprience with them and can only see them getting
    better as time goes on.
    , Jun 28, 2005
  6. Gary

    seanfulton Guest

    I had broadvoice for two weeks. Had trouble setting the BYOD program
    two e-mails to tech support went un-answered, so I cancelled. Nothin
    happened. I called and opened a ticket on my cancellation. Nothin
    happened. The next month, they charged me again. Three calls later
    they finally refunded the money

    I've used Vonage in the past (two years ago for about six months) an
    now again (we just rolled six of our business lines to Vonage). Bot
    companies seem to have good technology, but inadequate suppor
    resources

    I stuck with Vonage only because they get the best ratings, but
    would say I had the same problems as with Broadvoice

    sea
    seanfulton, Jul 21, 2005