    Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a different
    partition

    email response please to
    =?Utf-8?B?YTFjb21w?=, Jul 12, 2005

  2. a1comp <> wrote:
    > It is july12 and no chage in order status but I hear people are
    > installing oem xp64x and not having broadcom driver support.
    >
    > Laptop is compaq r3k r3140us and had broadcom wireless driver?
    >
    > If broadcom driver still is not on install cd built in driver list
    > are there any available 64 driver wireless pcmcia nic cards
    >
    > Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a
    > different partition
    >
    > email response please to

    Hello,

    I'm using broadcom here and I didn't need any drivers at all, can you be
    more specific ?
    You can use dual boot but you'll need two partitions to do that, no way that
    you install 2 OS's on one partition.
    You may use softs lile partition magic or other free stuff to partition your
    DD . But are you sure you want to do that on a laptop ? Do you have a DD big
    enough for that ?

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselede - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy, Jul 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YTFjb21w?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Broadcom wireless G on my HP zv5000z worked right out of the gate with the
    OEM version.

    M. Murcek, Jul 12, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YTFjb21w?=

    DKI Guest

    Using Broadcom based wireless card here no problems with the "in the box"
    drivers

    DKI, Jul 12, 2005