Broadcom Wireless Won't Enable Until After Logon?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Ben, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Hi,

    I have an Acer Aspire 3023WLMi that has an internal 'Broadcom 802.11g
    Network Adapter'. For some reason, the wireless is never enabled until after
    you logon, usually after the desktop loads. This means any computer policies
    or logon scripts that are meant to run, don't. I have tried installing, and
    uninstalling the Broadcom utility, and also the Acer Launch Manager utility,
    which seems to control the wireless button on the side of the laptop, it's
    currently set to wireless 'always on', however that only seems to mean
    'always on' after you logon.

    We use the Windows Zero Configuration tool configured via group policy to
    setup the wireless connection, and everyone else in the office has a 3Com
    USB wireless card, and don't seem to have the same problem.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Cheers

    Ben

    Ben, Jan 25, 2006