BROADBAND

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Have a great day !

    This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    my readers

    TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    unleashed then why is it still such a dog."

    Tune in to TV3 at 7pm,, 30 January.

    David Russell
    Chief Executive
    Consumers’ Institute

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Patrick FitzGerald

    Fred Guest

    "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message

    > Have a great day !
    >
    > This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    > my readers

    > TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    > lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    > anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    > unleashed then why is it still such a dog."

    Then John Campbell is thick. Unleashing any dog doesn't change it into a
    carrot, parrot or cat for that matter.
    Fred, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Patrick FitzGerald

    Vista Guest

    > Have a great day !
    >
    > This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    > my readers

    > TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    > lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    > anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    > unleashed then why is it still such a dog."
    >
    > Tune in to TV3 at 7pm,, 30 January.
    >
    > David Russell
    > Chief Executive
    > Consumers' Institute
    >

    > Patrick

    Broadband hasn't been UNBUNDLED, just unleashed which is Xtras marketing
    term for removing the speed restrictions. I know a lot of people who are get
    far better speeds than they used to, however there are also some who are
    getting slower speeds or with the same speeds. I think there is a lot of
    miscommunication out there, as everyone I speak to who don't know IT, seem
    to think telecom have already been unbundled, due to them marketing
    unleashed plans. I am unsure if telecom have marketed 'unleashed' to
    confuse.
    Vista, Jan 30, 2007
  4. Patrick FitzGerald

    TarlaStar Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Have a great day !
    >>
    >>This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    >>my readers
    >>

    >>**********************************************************
    >>TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    >>lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    >>anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    >>unleashed then why is it still such a dog."
    >>
    >>Tune in to TV3 at 7pm,, 30 January.
    >>
    >>David Russell
    >>Chief Executive
    >>Consumers' Institute
    >>****************************************************************
    >>

    >>Patrick
    >>

    > Broadband hasn't been UNBUNDLED, just unleashed which is Xtras marketing
    > term for removing the speed restrictions. I know a lot of people who are get
    > far better speeds than they used to, however there are also some who are
    > getting slower speeds or with the same speeds. I think there is a lot of
    > miscommunication out there, as everyone I speak to who don't know IT, seem
    > to think telecom have already been unbundled, due to them marketing
    > unleashed plans. I am unsure if telecom have marketed 'unleashed' to
    > confuse.

    I'm amazed that anyone would wait for Xtra. They have the worst service,
    they're unreliable, and they're not cheap. My friend does a lot of
    business at home and his Xtra broadband was very unreliable. They kept
    blaming the area. I told him it was just Telecom. I recommended he sign
    on to my provider, and he did. He has experience no downtime since, and
    did not have to wait for broadband. Add another satisfied customer to
    Inspire's tally.
    TarlaStar, Jan 30, 2007
  5. Patrick FitzGerald

    a_l_p Guest

    TarlaStar wrote:
    > Vista wrote:
    >
    >> "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Have a great day !
    >>>
    >>> This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    >>> my readers
    >>>

    >>> **********************************************************
    >>> TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    >>> lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    >>> anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    >>> unleashed then why is it still such a dog."
    >>>
    >>> Tune in to TV3 at 7pm,, 30 January.
    >>>
    >>> David Russell
    >>> Chief Executive
    >>> Consumers' Institute
    >>> ****************************************************************
    >>>

    >>> Patrick
    >>>

    >> Broadband hasn't been UNBUNDLED, just unleashed which is Xtras
    >> marketing term for removing the speed restrictions. I know a lot of
    >> people who are get far better speeds than they used to, however there
    >> are also some who are getting slower speeds or with the same speeds. I
    >> think there is a lot of miscommunication out there, as everyone I
    >> speak to who don't know IT, seem to think telecom have already been
    >> unbundled, due to them marketing unleashed plans. I am unsure if
    >> telecom have marketed 'unleashed' to confuse.
    >>

    > I'm amazed that anyone would wait for Xtra. They have the worst service,
    > they're unreliable, and they're not cheap. My friend does a lot of
    > business at home and his Xtra broadband was very unreliable. They kept
    > blaming the area. I told him it was just Telecom. I recommended he sign
    > on to my provider, and he did. He has experience no downtime since, and
    > did not have to wait for broadband. Add another satisfied customer to
    > Inspire's tally.

    It's also a matter of principle innit! Xtra/Telescum would have to come up with
    something half the price and twice as good to be equal, after these years of
    treating the populace with contempt. Contempt? WE can do contempt! We can do
    it with our signatures on other contracts, with credit card, direct debit.....

    A L P
    a_l_p, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Patrick FitzGerald

    Rob Guest

    "TarlaStar" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>Have a great day !
    >>>
    >>>This notication from the Consumer's Instutyte should be of intersts to
    >>>my readers
    >>>

    >>>**********************************************************
    >>>TV3's Campbell Live kicks off again tonight. I'm delighted that the
    >>>lead story will highlight the Consumer Awards. I don't want to give
    >>>anything away but John Campbell has asked, "If broadband has been
    >>>unleashed then why is it still such a dog."
    >>>
    >>>Tune in to TV3 at 7pm,, 30 January.
    >>>
    >>>David Russell
    >>>Chief Executive
    >>>Consumers' Institute
    >>>****************************************************************
    >>>

    >>>Patrick
    >>>

    >> Broadband hasn't been UNBUNDLED, just unleashed which is Xtras marketing
    >> term for removing the speed restrictions. I know a lot of people who are
    >> get far better speeds than they used to, however there are also some who
    >> are getting slower speeds or with the same speeds. I think there is a lot
    >> of miscommunication out there, as everyone I speak to who don't know IT,
    >> seem to think telecom have already been unbundled, due to them marketing
    >> unleashed plans. I am unsure if telecom have marketed 'unleashed' to
    >> confuse.

    > I'm amazed that anyone would wait for Xtra. They have the worst service,
    > they're unreliable, and they're not cheap. My friend does a lot of
    > business at home and his Xtra broadband was very unreliable. They kept
    > blaming the area. I told him it was just Telecom. I recommended he sign on
    > to my provider, and he did. He has experience no downtime since, and did
    > not have to wait for broadband. Add another satisfied customer to
    > Inspire's tally.

    Most people don't have any problems with Xtra, and they are a good ISP from
    my experience. My parents use them without any problems. However becuase
    they are NZs biggest ISP, there are more people that are going to have
    problems with them, although percentage wise, it would probably be the same
    as with other ISPs. I have personally found slingshot to provide poor
    customer service and has been unreliable, and I constantly hear of people
    who are having problems with Paradise and Telstra.
    Rob, Jan 30, 2007
  7. Patrick FitzGerald

    TarlaStar Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "TarlaStar" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Vista wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message

    >>>Broadband hasn't been UNBUNDLED, just unleashed which is Xtras marketing
    >>>term for removing the speed restrictions. I know a lot of people who are
    >>>get far better speeds than they used to, however there are also some who
    >>>are getting slower speeds or with the same speeds. I think there is a lot
    >>>of miscommunication out there, as everyone I speak to who don't know IT,
    >>>seem to think telecom have already been unbundled, due to them marketing
    >>>unleashed plans. I am unsure if telecom have marketed 'unleashed' to
    >>>confuse.

    >>I'm amazed that anyone would wait for Xtra. They have the worst service,
    >>they're unreliable, and they're not cheap. My friend does a lot of
    >>business at home and his Xtra broadband was very unreliable. They kept
    >>blaming the area. I told him it was just Telecom. I recommended he sign on
    >>to my provider, and he did. He has experience no downtime since, and did
    >>not have to wait for broadband. Add another satisfied customer to
    >>Inspire's tally.

    > Most people don't have any problems with Xtra, and they are a good ISP from
    > my experience. My parents use them without any problems. However becuase
    > they are NZs biggest ISP, there are more people that are going to have
    > problems with them, although percentage wise, it would probably be the same
    > as with other ISPs.

    If there weren't better or worse providers, then there wouldn't be any
    competition. My provider, Inspire, has the highest customer satisfaction
    rating of any Internet service provider in NZ. This is because they
    never have down time, and human beings actually answer the phones, and
    know what the hell they're talking about.

    I have personally found slingshot to provide poor
    > customer service and has been unreliable, and I constantly hear of people
    > who are having problems with Paradise and Telstra.

    You won't hear them complain about Inspire.
    TarlaStar, Jan 31, 2007