broadband?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by J.Random Luser, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. http://news.com.com/Verizon's+fiber+race+is+on/2100-1034_3-5275171.html

    J.Random Luser, Jul 19, 2004

  2. J.Random Luser

    JedMeister Guest

    Don't get your point.

    "J.Random Luser" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://news.com.com/Verizon's+fiber+race+is+on/2100-1034_3-5275171.html

    JedMeister, Jul 19, 2004

  3. J.Random Luser

    thing Guest

    JedMeister wrote:
    > Don't get your point.
    >
    > "J.Random Luser" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>http://news.com.com/Verizon's+fiber+race+is+on/2100-1034_3-5275171.html

    Its news on new/next generation broadband, no old copper, hi speed fiber...

    Why do you think Telecom is buying Gen-I and Computerland? because it is
    aiming to become an IT company and not a telco.

    For now it will leverage its telco last mile monoploy to shoe horn its
    new IT business(es) into businesses hoping to reap the same sort of
    rewards it enjoys as a monopoly in POTS.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 20, 2004
  4. J.Random Luser

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:18:54 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >JedMeister wrote:
    >> Don't get your point.
    >>
    >> "J.Random Luser" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>http://news.com.com/Verizon's+fiber+race+is+on/2100-1034_3-5275171.html

    >Its news on new/next generation broadband, no old copper, hi speed fiber...
    >
    >Why do you think Telecom is buying Gen-I and Computerland? because it is
    >aiming to become an IT company and not a telco.

    <snip>

    They aren't buying Computerland.

    http://www.computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/0/1391AB6E13B587FECC256EC4006C6932?OpenDocument

    Dogg, Jul 21, 2004
  5. "JedMeister" <> complained:
    > Don't get your point.
    >
    > "J.Random Luser" <> wrote in message
    > > http://news.com.com/Verizon's+fiber+race+is+on/2100-1034_3-5275171.html

    fios = Fibre Optic Services, claimed in PR to be
    fttp = fibre to the premises

    Telecom have
    ftk = fibre to kerb

    all over AKL and probably several other cities & towns
    which could be fttp in very short order,
    but management mentality seems stuck in
    1930's copper pairs on wooden poles...

    J.Random Luser, Jul 22, 2004