    Roy East Guest

    In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
    long" Is their any other way?
    Roy East, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Roy East

    Gel Guest

    Gel, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Roy East

    Roy East Guest

    Tried but they said sorry no go in my area. Thanks.

    Roy East, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Never heard of this outfit but if they can really do broadband for the price
    stated with no telephone or cable required then this is definitely the
    future. People who no longer need a land line in these days of mobile phones
    could save a huge amount.

    No technical information given on the website though. Anyone know what
    hardware is required? Modem/transmitter etc?

    John

    John Rampling, Apr 27, 2006
  5. "Roy East" <> wrote in message
    > In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
    > long" Is their any other way?

    Satellite broadband is received on an ordinary satellite minidish. However,
    it’s a one-way connection and the ‘backchannel’, used to request web pages
    etc., is a normal telephone line. Nevertheless, for most users, surfing the
    web and downloading files, it will appear as fast as terrestrial broadband.
    http://www.avcbroadband.com/broadband/sat_prices.shtml
    Boscoe Pertwee, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Roy East

    Dr Nick Guest

    "Roy East" <> wrote in message
    > In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
    > long" Is their any other way?

    check to see if you have any wireless broadband in your area. if it's
    available it's pretty affordable.

    -Nick
    Dr Nick, Apr 27, 2006
  7. Roy East

    Roy East Guest

    See Above.

    Roy East, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Roy East

    Uplink Guest

    "The line is too long" means that you live in a rural area. I live in a
    rural area and have dial-up.

    Or you live too far away from ADSL. I don't know the reason. You could get
    cheap dial-up or if you plan to live there for a long time get 2-way
    satellite. I like DirectWAY but your probaly in the US so go for something
    there.

    Uplink, May 3, 2006