    If someone can help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

    Thanks in advance!
    -Alex
    =?Utf-8?B?QmxhaEFsZXg=?=, Mar 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmxhaEFsZXg=?=

    Malke Guest

    BlahAlex wrote:

    > (Sorry if this is the wrong place to put it in).
    >
    > So hey to those people willing to help a fellow out here.
    >
    > We have recently got Comcast Broadband for our home, and it is not
    > allowing me to connect it using my computer.
    >
    > This computer was originally a Windows ME, but was upgraded a xp a
    > couple of months ago.
    >
    > I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I went to "Control Panal,"
    > "Network Connections," and then made a new connection thingy for
    > broadband. The furthest it will go is "Opening Port," but it stays on
    > that for forever, and I can't get it to do anything.
    >
    > If someone can help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > -Alex

    What does "not allowing me to connect it" mean exactly? Are you trying
    to connect wirelessly (since you posted in a wireless group)? If so,
    what hardware are you using? What wireless router? If you get error
    messages, what are they?

    If you are simply talking about connecting by ethernet, all you have to
    do is plug the cat5e ethernet cable into the cable modem from your
    network adapter on the computer. There are no ports to open.

    It can be very hard for a non-technical person to know what to include
    in a post to a tech support newsgroup. Here is a link that will help
    you with that - http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Mar 28, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmxhaEFsZXg=?=

    Lem Guest

    BlahAlex wrote:

    > (Sorry if this is the wrong place to put it in).
    >
    > So hey to those people willing to help a fellow out here.
    >
    > We have recently got Comcast Broadband for our home, and it is not allowing
    > me to connect it using my computer.
    >
    > This computer was originally a Windows ME, but was upgraded a xp a couple of
    > months ago.
    >
    > I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I went to "Control Panal,"
    > "Network Connections," and then made a new connection thingy for broadband.
    > The furthest it will go is "Opening Port," but it stays on that for forever,
    > and I can't get it to do anything.
    >
    > If someone can help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > -Alex

    What happened when you followed the directions in the Comcast Activation Guide:
    http://www.comcast.com/images/ImageLibrary/FAQ/PDF/Activation Guide.pdf
    Lem, Mar 28, 2006