    running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?

    Many thanks

    Colin Williams
    Colin Williams, May 27, 2007

  2. Colin Williams

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:20:13 GMT, Colin Williams wrote:

    >Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
    >running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?

    Yes, but what do you mean? The max that your package allows or how fast
    it's running.

    It's a popular subject in the NTL / Virgin Media newsgroups. It's
    suprising you have seen the 100's of recent posts discussing the VM
    speeds.

    www.google.com for the BY users group web site.

    Read some of the posts.

    Find a UK tester and a US site.

    >Many thanks
    >
    >Colin Williams

    Me
    why?, May 27, 2007

  3. Colin Williams

    Gil J Guest

    Gil J, May 27, 2007
  4. Colin Williams

    Gil J Guest

    Gil J, May 27, 2007
  5. Colin Williams

    Robb Guest

    Robb, May 27, 2007
  6. Colin Williams

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:47 -0400, Gil J wrote:

    >"Colin Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
    >> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Colin Williams
    >>
    >> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

    Nice address.
    Bandwidth Place
    200 521-3rd Ave SW
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada
    T2P 3T3

    Sometimes those closer to home or even following the OP ISPs rough guide
    they ask for when posting diagnostics helps.

    Me
    why?, May 27, 2007
  7. www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

    I work for Comcast Cable and use this site during installs and trouble
    calls... its very accurate.

    Edward Peterson, May 28, 2007
  8. Colin Williams

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:28:43 GMT, Edward Peterson wrote:

    >www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
    >

    >I work for Comcast Cable and use this site during installs and trouble
    >calls... its very accurate.

    No doubt, my point is OP better off using a speedtester in the same
    country, the OP's ISP has a set of tests.

    Other country speed tests are fine, one just has to account for that.

    >> On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:47 -0400, Gil J wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Colin Williams" <> wrote in message

    >> Nice address.
    >> Bandwidth Place
    >> 200 521-3rd Ave SW
    >> Calgary, Alberta
    >> Canada
    >> T2P 3T3
    >>
    >> Sometimes those closer to home or even following the OP ISPs rough guide
    >> they ask for when posting diagnostics helps.
    >>
    >> Me

    Me
    why?, May 28, 2007