    in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
    Many thanks in advance.
    , Apr 18, 2005

  2. old john Guest

    hi jim, just google broadband speed test and ye shall find, best wishes..J

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:YwS8e.11589$...

    old john, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Guest Guest

    "" <> wrote
    in message news:YwS8e.11589$...
    > My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at
    > no extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there
    > somewhere in Windows XP to check this or some software application I
    > can download? Many thanks in advance.

    www.mycooltools.com
    (operated by VisualWare)

    I believe you have to register with a valid e-mail address to login. So
    use a disposable webmail account or an e-mail alias. I haven't received
    any spam through that account but I don't see a need to divulge my real
    e-mail address to use a supposedly free service.

    You can also visit www.broadbandreports.com to run their tests.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.
    Guest, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Pilbs Guest

    http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/

    Pilbs, Apr 18, 2005
  5. George A Hamilton, Apr 18, 2005
  6. why? Guest

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:56:08 GMT,
    wrote:

    >My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
    >extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
    >in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
    >Many thanks in advance.

    A good site for BY & NTL CM issues.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/techsupp.html

    Several other tests (even 1 or 2 in the UK) mentioned in 24HSHD, search
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Me
    why?, Apr 18, 2005
  7. ellis_jay Guest

    http://www.dslreports.com/tools

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Apr 20, 2005
  8. old john Guest

    hi jim, they haven`t increased my speed from 750, how did you manage that ?,
    my initials are JB, and you are JM (smiles)

    old john, Apr 20, 2005
  9. CSimmons29 Guest

    http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

    CSimmons29, Apr 20, 2005
  10. Loz Guest

    Try this to upgrade

    http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/tierMigration/cablemodem.php

    "old john" <> wrote in message
    > hi jim, they haven`t increased my speed from 750, how did you manage that

    ?,

    Loz, Apr 20, 2005
  11. Guest

    JB - I just phoned Ntl Customer Services and the guy told me to reboot in
    half an hour - that's all! JM

    "old john" <> wrote in message
    > hi jim, they haven`t increased my speed from 750, how did you manage that
    > ?, my initials are JB, and you are JM (smiles)
    > best wishes..J
    >
    > "" <> wrote in
    > message news:YwS8e.11589$...
    >> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
    >> extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there
    >> somewhere in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can
    >> download? Many thanks in advance.

    , Apr 21, 2005