    line for phone calls...

    Also do you people who use the service get good speed using the internet ???

    Loupole

    Loupole, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Loupole

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:58:43 +1200, Loupole wrote:

    > I am going
    > to get there 2mb a second connection....Because I am sick of opening the
    > line for phone calls...

    A 0.2MB/s connection is fast cf dial up. 2MB/S are like racing cars, it
    only apperas in certain places.;-)

    Gordon, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Loupole

    Nil Einne Guest

    "Loupole" <> wrote in message news:<NWUQc.9919$>...
    > I am thinking of giving up the dial up now its had its day after many
    > years...I am thinking of joining EZsurf In Auckland even thou I am in
    > Hamilton...They told me that I can get there wireless service here in
    > Hamilton....
    >
    > I am just wanting to know about there service and are they good...I been
    > told by a friend that they are good...Is there any people out there that use
    > there wireless broadband services and what there think of it....I am going
    > to get there 2mb a second connection....Because I am sick of opening the
    > line for phone calls...
    >
    > Also do you people who use the service get good speed using the internet ???

    EZYsurf use Wired Country's network, as does Ihug, PCconnect and
    several other ISPs (check out www.wiredcountry.co.nz). Ezysurf have
    the cheapest 2mbit connection IMHO but Ihug probably have the cheapest
    1mbit connection although it depends on your usage patterns and such.
    PCconnect probably have the cheapest 256k connection although once
    again, usage patterns etc may change this. Ezysurf and Ihug are said
    to have good low latency connections on their data limited plans (all
    Ihug plans are data limited) but EzySurf's unlimited plans have shared
    international bandwidth and crappy international latency on their non
    data limited plans so unless you're a real heavy download, I would
    personally suggest you stay away from the data limited plans. Most or
    all Wired Couuntry ISPs are offering free/unlimited national traffic.

    If you want to find out more, the people (including me) at
    nzwireless.org (not .co.nz!) tend to be helpful...

    Nil Einne, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Loupole

    Nil Einne Guest

    "Loupole" <> wrote in message news:<NWUQc.9919$>...
    > I am thinking of giving up the dial up now its had its day after many
    > years...I am thinking of joining EZsurf In Auckland even thou I am in
    > Hamilton...They told me that I can get there wireless service here in
    > Hamilton....
    >
    > I am just wanting to know about there service and are they good...I been
    > told by a friend that they are good...Is there any people out there that use
    > there wireless broadband services and what there think of it....I am going
    > to get there 2mb a second connection....Because I am sick of opening the
    > line for phone calls...
    >
    > Also do you people who use the service get good speed using the internet ???

    EZYsurf use Wired Country's network, as does Ihug, PCconnect and
    several other ISPs (check out www.wiredcountry.co.nz). Ezysurf have
    the cheapest 2mbit connection IMHO but Ihug probably have the cheapest
    1mbit connection although it depends on your usage patterns and such.
    PCconnect probably have the cheapest 256k connection although once
    again, usage patterns etc may change this. Ezysurf and Ihug are said
    to have good low latency connections on their data limited plans (all
    Ihug plans are data limited) but EzySurf's unlimited plans have shared
    international bandwidth and crappy international latency on their non
    data limited plans so unless you're a real heavy download, I would
    personally suggest you stay away from the data unlimited plans. Most

    Nil Einne, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    Thanks for the info I have a good read !!

    > > I am thinking of giving up the dial up now its had its day after many
    > > years...I am thinking of joining EZsurf In Auckland even thou I am in
    > > Hamilton...They told me that I can get there wireless service here in
    > > Hamilton....
    > >
    > > I am just wanting to know about there service and are they good...I been
    > > told by a friend that they are good...Is there any people out there that

    use
    > > there wireless broadband services and what there think of it....I am

    going
    > > to get there 2mb a second connection....Because I am sick of opening the
    > > line for phone calls...
    > >
    > > Also do you people who use the service get good speed using the internet

    ???

    Loupole, Aug 8, 2004