    through the master machine.

    Regards
    Rob

    ROBERT BROOKS, Apr 8, 2004

  2. ROBERT BROOKS

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "ROBERT BROOKS" <@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    news:Z2jdc.213$Kl.170@newsfe1-win:

    > Could someone please advise.
    > I have two PC's. One is linked to ntl broadband.
    > Would it be possible to link the other PC independently , so that I
    > could access the internet without networking.
    > I am having difficulty networking and it would save time in connecting
    > through the master machine.
    >
    > Regards
    > Rob

    With the NAT router as the gateway device for the LAN and WAN, they would
    both be able to access the Internet (WAN) and share resources with each
    other on the LAN. There would be no more Master machine as each machine
    would work independently because of the router, expect for network
    printing as the machine with the printer would need to be on if the other
    machine is to print to the shared network printer.

    However, you can get a NAT router that has a print server and you connect
    the printer to the router and both machines can share the printer that
    way too.

    Linksys, D-link, Netgear and SMC are some of the makers of routers.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 9, 2004