    hearing about a company was offering a dialup connection with a broadband
    connection, but I can't remember the company. Anyone know of a broadband
    provider who also provides a dialup connection as part of the package?.
    Rob, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Rob

    XPD Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    news:1139271113.90047@ftpsrv1...
    >I am looking for a broadband provider that as part of the package, also
    >provides a dial up connection for when I need to connect when I am not at
    >home, or as a backup connection. So far I am looking at Actrix 2MB/1GB per
    >day plan, and orcons 2MB plan(but not sure how good they are now). However
    >neither of their websites say that it would be possible to connect via
    >dialup, without having a totally seperate dialup account. I do remember
    >hearing about a company was offering a dialup connection with a broadband
    >connection, but I can't remember the company. Anyone know of a broadband
    >provider who also provides a dialup connection as part of the package?.

    I think you'll find most ISPs will if you ask them. Probably cost a few
    dollars more.
    XPD, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Rob

    Rider Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a broadband provider that as part of the package, also
    >provides a dial up connection for when I need to connect when I am not at
    >home, or as a backup connection. So far I am looking at Actrix 2MB/1GB per
    >day plan, and orcons 2MB plan(but not sure how good they are now). However
    >neither of their websites say that it would be possible to connect via
    >dialup, without having a totally seperate dialup account. I do remember
    >hearing about a company was offering a dialup connection with a broadband
    >connection, but I can't remember the company. Anyone know of a broadband
    >provider who also provides a dialup connection as part of the package?.

    I'm on Xtra broadband, and my dialup is still active with same login details
    as my broadband. It's on an hourly rate, so I only get charged if I actually
    use it.

    Rider
    Rider, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Rob

    PC Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a broadband provider that as part of the package, also
    >provides a dial up connection for when I need to connect when I am not at
    >home, or as a backup connection. So far I am looking at Actrix 2MB/1GB per
    >day plan, and orcons 2MB plan(but not sure how good they are now). However
    >neither of their websites say that it would be possible to connect via
    >dialup, without having a totally seperate dialup account. I do remember
    >hearing about a company was offering a dialup connection with a broadband
    >connection, but I can't remember the company. Anyone know of a broadband
    >provider who also provides a dialup connection as part of the package?.

    Xtra
    Dial up $2.50 per hour, no minimum.

    Had a client that just about bined a BB account because they wanted $30/mo
    extra for 'dial up'
    She ended up keeping the BB and paid the minimum to their previous ISP to
    maintain the old dial up ac but was not best pleased.
    It was very 'Clear' what ISP she shouldn't have gone with for BBand.

    Paul.
    PC, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Rob

    shannon Guest

    PC wrote:
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >> I am looking for a broadband provider that as part of the package, also
    >> provides a dial up connection for when I need to connect when I am not at
    >> home, or as a backup connection. So far I am looking at Actrix 2MB/1GB per
    >> day plan, and orcons 2MB plan(but not sure how good they are now). However
    >> neither of their websites say that it would be possible to connect via
    >> dialup, without having a totally seperate dialup account. I do remember
    >> hearing about a company was offering a dialup connection with a broadband
    >> connection, but I can't remember the company. Anyone know of a broadband
    >> provider who also provides a dialup connection as part of the package?.
    >>

    > Xtra
    > Dial up $2.50 per hour, no minimum.
    >
    > Had a client that just about bined a BB account because they wanted $30/mo
    > extra for 'dial up'
    > She ended up keeping the BB and paid the minimum to their previous ISP to
    > maintain the old dial up ac but was not best pleased.
    > It was very 'Clear' what ISP she shouldn't have gone with for BBand.
    >
    > Paul.

    TC's Paradise cable customers automatically get a dialup account included
    shannon, Feb 7, 2006
  6. Rob

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <43e87393$>, shannon <> wrote:

    >TC's Paradise cable customers automatically get a dialup account included

    And it's very useful when you're out of town for any reason.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Feb 8, 2006
  7. On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:14:20 +1300, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >I am looking for a broadband provider that as part of the package, also
    >provides a dial up connection for when I need to connect when I am not at
    >home, or as a backup connection.

    IHUG offer this for $1 an hour (if you use one of their newer
    broadband plans)

    http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/faqs.html

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)