    what i can do to sort this prob out it would be appreciated.

    thank you in response
    p.j.

    p.j., Jun 30, 2004

  2. p.j.

    Rosco Guest

    p.j. cried out

    > I have recently got aol broadband and set it up which wasnt a
    > prob, prob arises when i turn off my pc and then turn it back on .
    > Iam, using win ME and each time the pc is restarted i have to
    > unplug the usb cable provided by aol from there external modem (
    > bt voyager 100 )
    > and plug it back in for windows to recognise the modem. Each time
    > ring aol they have a different answer from its your usb drivers
    > that need updating to its a windows registery issue . As you can
    > imagine this is very annoying so if there is anyone with any
    > suggestions on what i can do to sort this prob out it would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > thank you in response
    > p.j.

    I would try unplugging the USB cable, go into the device manager and
    completely remove the modem. Reboot this would cause a complete
    reinstall. Other than that it is always best to go with a Cat5
    connection to the modem instead of USB.

    Rosco, Jun 30, 2004

  3. p.j.

    el duderino Guest

    Personally I would delete all of AOL and go with some decent ISP. However,
    be warned, it wont be that easy to get rid of AOL.
    Have fun with your first AOL related problem, it's only just beginning and
    the cerebral joy soon fades. :-(

    el duderino, Jun 30, 2004
  4. p.j.

    Unknown Guest

    We hate to lose loyal subscribers like yourself, but if you feel you
    must unsubscribe, first, ask your Internet Provider to mail you an
    Unsubscribing Kit, which is provided free of charge.

    Make sure to tell us the make and model of your computer, as well as
    the operating system and amount of memory and hard disk space that you have
    free. Then use these easy-to-follow directions:

    The kit will most likely be the standard no-fault type. Depending on
    requirements, System A and/or System B can be used.

    If you are using operating System A, depress lever and a plastic
    dalkron unsubscriber will be dispensed through the slot immediately
    underneath.
    When you have fastened the adhesive lip, attach connection marked by the
    large "X" outlet hose. Twist the silver- colored ring one inch below the
    connection point until you feel it lock. The kit is now ready for use.

    The Cin-Eliminator is activated by the small switch on the lip.
    When securing, twist the ring back to its initial condition, so that
    the two orange lines meet. Disconnect. Place the dalkron unsubscriber in the
    vacuum receptacle to the rear. Activate by pressing the blue button.

    The controls for System B are located on the opposite side. The red
    release switch places the Cin-Eliminator into position; it can be
    adjusted manually up or down by pressing the blue manual release button.

    The opening is self-adjusting. To secure after use, press the green
    button, which simultaneously activates the evaporator and returns the
    Cin-Eliminator to its storage position.

    You may log off if the green exit light is on over the evaporator.
    If the red light is illuminated, one of the Cin-Eliminator requirements
    has not been properly implemented. Press the "List Guy" call button on
    the right of the evaporator. He will secure all facilities from his control
    panel.

    To use the Auto-Unsub, first undress and place all your clothes in the
    clothes rack. Put on the velcro slippers located in the cabinet
    immediately below. Enter the shower, taking the entire kit with you.

    On the control panel to your upper right upon entering you will see a
    "Shower seal" button. Press to activate. A green light will then be
    illuminated immediately below. On the intensity knob, select the
    desired setting. Now depress the Auto-Unsub activation lever. Bathe normally.

    The Auto-Unsub will automatically go off after three minutes unless you
    activate the "Manual off" override switch by flipping it up.

    When you are ready to leave, press the blue "Shower seal" release
    button. The door will open and you may leave. Please remove the velcro
    slippers
    and place them in their container.

    If you prefer the ultrasonic log-off mode, press the indicated blue
    button. When the twin panels open, pull it forward by rings A and B.
    The knob to the left, just below the blue light, has three settings,
    low, medium or high. For normal use, the medium setting is suggested.

    After these settings have been made, you can activate the device by
    switching to the "ON" position the clearly marked red switch.
    If during the unsubscribing operation, you wish to change the settings,
    place the "manual off" override switch in the "OFF" position.

    You may now make the change and repeat the cycle.
    When the green exit light goes on, you may log off and have lunch.
    Please close the door behind you.

    Congratulations! You have just successfully unsubscribed yourself.

    We are going to miss you! If you feel you have unsubscribed yourself in
    error, just follow the above instructions backwards, and you will once
    again be a part of our friendly, family ezine. No questions asked.

    Have a nice day now!

    Unknown, Jun 30, 2004
  5. p.j.

    Scraggy Guest

    Unknown wrote:
    > We hate to lose loyal subscribers like yourself, but if you feel you
    > must unsubscribe, first, ask your Internet Provider to mail you an
    > Unsubscribing Kit, which is provided free of charge.

    <BG>

    Scraggy, Jun 30, 2004