    I have a broadband on landlords phone
    Now he has seen the speed and wants it too
    I only have 2Gig download limit (Ample for me) for next 6 months

    Chris R-J, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Chris R-J

    Chris R-J Guest

    Chris R-J, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Chris R-J

    Lou Labetti Guest

    Yes, it is called a cable/dsl router

    Lou Labetti, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Chris R-J

    Cub Guest

    "Lou Labetti" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, it is called a cable/dsl router
    >

    > "Chris R-J" <crj @richmond-jones.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> is it possible to run 2 separate broadband connections on a single phone
    >> line
    >> I have a broadband on landlords phone
    >> Now he has seen the speed and wants it too
    >> I only have 2Gig download limit (Ample for me) for next 6 months

    OP said 2 seperate connections, I would not want to share with my landlord
    a router would be sharing the connection

    Cub

    Cub, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Chris R-J

    PC Guest

    > is it possible to run 2 separate broadband connections on a single phone
    > line
    > I have a broadband on landlords phone
    > Now he has seen the speed and wants it too
    > I only have 2Gig download limit (Ample for me) for next 6 months

    Chris

    "is it possible to run 2 separate broadband connections on a single phone
    line"
    No.
    A simple analogy is its like broadcasting two radio stations on the same
    frequency, they swamp each other out.

    Leaving aside who pays for what (as a relationship/non technical issue,
    thats entirely up to you) there are two options for 'sharing' your broadband
    connection.
    1 by connecting your Landlords computer to yours and using Internet
    Connection sharing on your PC.
    2 Install a 'Router/Switch' down stream of your DSL modem and 'share' the
    connection over a Local Area Network (LAN).

    This website will give you a more detailed explanation
    http://www.gyre.co.uk/help/broadband/connection_sharing.php
    (don't worry about the third option they list, I doubt you have a spare
    Linux box if you are asking this type of question)

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Chris R-J

    Chris R-J Guest

    Chris says
    Thanks for all the help
    I have looked into it a bit more and can't do what I want.
    Just have to wait for my contract to run out (4 months) and get unlimited
    bandwidth from new supplier.
    Wanadoo don't do unlimited.
    THANKS AGAIN.
    Chris.