    through by the way isp's are advertising broadband, I'm sure many people
    have gone to broadband thinking that all was well with broadband pricing
    now.

    superdvd, Sep 12, 2006

  2. superdvd

    frederick Guest

    superdvd wrote:
    > That is if you live in aussie, also seen it for $14.95 a month, at that cost
    > they must have retired dial-up surely, anyhow I won't be getting broadband
    > until the price comes down, I guess once all the government enforced changes
    > to telecom go through we should start to see some comparable rates to
    > aussie. Speaking of the changes, you would thing they have already gone
    > through by the way isp's are advertising broadband, I'm sure many people
    > have gone to broadband thinking that all was well with broadband pricing
    > now.

    Would you please post a URL to the ISPs offering these deals.

    Best I could find - assuming metro area, was about $15.95 for 256/54
    adsl, 200MB cap, $140/GB excess, $49 startup.

    frederick, Sep 12, 2006

  3. superdvd

    MarkH Guest

    frederick <> wrote in news:1158051318.157009@ftpsrv1:

    > superdvd wrote:
    >> That is if you live in aussie, also seen it for $14.95 a month, at
    >> that cost they must have retired dial-up surely, anyhow I won't be
    >> getting broadband until the price comes down, I guess once all the
    >> government enforced changes to telecom go through we should start to
    >> see some comparable rates to aussie. Speaking of the changes, you
    >> would thing they have already gone through by the way isp's are
    >> advertising broadband, I'm sure many people have gone to broadband
    >> thinking that all was well with broadband pricing now.
    >>

    > Would you please post a URL to the ISPs offering these deals.
    >
    > Best I could find - assuming metro area, was about $15.95 for 256/54
    > adsl, 200MB cap, $140/GB excess, $49 startup.

    Cheapest I have seen is Aus$9.90 for 100MB per month at 256k/64k. But if
    you only need 100MB per month you gain little from using broadband. On
    that plan they charge $150/GB for excess data. This seems worse than what
    is offered in NZ.
    http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/isp.cfm/iPrimus-Starter/10-3.html

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Sep 12, 2006
  4. superdvd

    superdvd Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > frederick <> wrote in news:1158051318.157009@ftpsrv1:
    >
    > > superdvd wrote:
    > >> That is if you live in aussie, also seen it for $14.95 a month, at
    > >> that cost they must have retired dial-up surely, anyhow I won't be
    > >> getting broadband until the price comes down, I guess once all the
    > >> government enforced changes to telecom go through we should start to
    > >> see some comparable rates to aussie. Speaking of the changes, you
    > >> would thing they have already gone through by the way isp's are
    > >> advertising broadband, I'm sure many people have gone to broadband
    > >> thinking that all was well with broadband pricing now.
    > >>

    > > Would you please post a URL to the ISPs offering these deals.
    > >
    > > Best I could find - assuming metro area, was about $15.95 for 256/54
    > > adsl, 200MB cap, $140/GB excess, $49 startup.

    > Cheapest I have seen is Aus$9.90 for 100MB per month at 256k/64k. But if
    > you only need 100MB per month you gain little from using broadband. On
    > that plan they charge $150/GB for excess data. This seems worse than what
    > is offered in NZ.
    > http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/isp.cfm/iPrimus-Starter/10-3.html

    Agree although I am pretty sure the $14.95 deal gave a more realistic
    service, next time I see the advert i will note what company it is and check
    the details on the net.

    superdvd, Sep 13, 2006