    options.

    Do Whoosh or any other providers cover those areas?

    GJ
    GJ, Oct 25, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    "GJ" <> wrote:

    > My brother is coming from Oz for 3 weeks and needs broadband for his
    > laptop computer. He will mainly be in Mt Manganui and Central Otago.
    >
    > I was thinking either Telecom or Vodafone mobile would be the best
    > options.
    >
    > Do Whoosh or any other providers cover those areas?

    I doubt it's worth the hassles and expense for just 3 weeks. When I'm
    holidaying in Wanaka for e.g. I call in at the local Cyber shop where
    they have a WiFi hotspot capable of reaching across the road to Muzza's
    cafe. It costs me a couple of bucks for enough time to check my email
    and a couple of web news sites. Cheaper than the coffee and my Airport
    equipped Apple iBook has no problems at all.

    --
    Dibley
    (minimalist sig....oh damn!)
    Dibley Fanshaw, Oct 25, 2005

  3. GJ

    Crash Guest

    GJ wrote:
    > My brother is coming from Oz for 3 weeks and needs broadband for his
    > laptop computer. He will mainly be in Mt Manganui and Central Otago.
    >
    > I was thinking either Telecom or Vodafone mobile would be the best
    > options.
    >
    > Do Whoosh or any other providers cover those areas?

    By far his best bet is to talk to his ISP. Connecting to and NZ-based ISP for
    broadband will be very expensive.

    Xtra offer the use of the Ipass system and I use this when in Oz - it offers
    dial-up, wired broadband and wireless hotspot broadband (both specific
    locations). All for a price charged to my Xtra account.

    His ISP may offer something similar.

    Crash.
    Crash, Oct 25, 2005
  4. GJ

    Harry Guest

    Crash wrote:

    > GJ wrote:
    >> My brother is coming from Oz for 3 weeks and needs broadband for his
    >> laptop computer. He will mainly be in Mt Manganui and Central Otago.
    >>
    >> I was thinking either Telecom or Vodafone mobile would be the best
    >> options.
    >>
    >> Do Whoosh or any other providers cover those areas?

    > By far his best bet is to talk to his ISP. Connecting to and NZ-based ISP
    > for broadband will be very expensive.

    Yes, expensive, but about the same cost as connecting in Australia.

    Harry, Oct 26, 2005