    would like to know is, does the broadband payment cover everything or have l
    still got to pay my monthly "anytime" payment aswell. Cheers to anyone that
    can help.
    never to old, May 17, 2004

  2. never to old

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    No there are no hidden costs at all its just the one monthly payment the
    broadband isp you go with will ask for and thats it..
    on that matter if your looking for a british ADSL broadband connection i
    would recomend you go with this isp.

    http://www.zenadsl.co.uk/

    there reliability and support is in my experiance the best in the country
    speed is always top notch anytime of day and if you or your kids are into
    online gaming pings are pretty decent aswell.

    http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=1664
    as as seen there there the fastest adsl isp's in the uk according to
    adslguide speed tests.
    Blackmesa8, May 17, 2004

  3. never to old

    Scrote Guest

    never to old wrote:
    >> Hi there, my kids have been nagging me to get signed up for
    >> broadband and under immense pressure l have finally succumbed to
    >> their wishes. What l would like to know is, does the broadband
    >> payment cover everything or have l still got to pay my monthly
    >> "anytime" payment aswell. Cheers to anyone that can help.

    Make sure that your ISP does NOT operate a "download cap". There are
    many that don't but some that do, this means that if you go over your
    limit, say 5gb per month or whatever,then you incur further charges
    based on ammount of data downloaded. That said, there SHOULD NOT be any
    other charges. READ the Terms & Conditions of your chosen ISP Or, in the
    vernacular RTFM
    HTH
    --
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
    limits.
    Scrote, May 17, 2004
  4. never to old

    Scotty Guest

    Ask your ISP these questions

    Scotty, May 17, 2004
  5. never to old

    Blackmesa8 Guest

    No you got to pay NO payments accept the £24.99 or however much freeserve
    charge for broadband a month and go with zen they dont have any cap at all
    not even on there news service
    Blackmesa8, May 17, 2004
  6. never to old

    gb Guest

    And for those of us who speak English?!

    Never to (too?) old - your monthly broadband charge will be in addition to
    your monthly line rental. There will be no other charges.

    gb

    gb, May 17, 2004
  7. never to old

    mewthree Guest

    "gb" <> wrote in message
    > And for those of us who speak English?!
    >
    > Never to (too?) old - your monthly broadband charge will be in addition to
    > your monthly line rental. There will be no other charges.
    >
    > gb
    >
    > "Blackmesa8" <> wrote in message
    > | No you got to pay NO payments accept the £24.99 or however much

    freeserve
    > | charge for broadband a month and go with zen they dont have any cap at

    all
    > | not even on there news service
    > |

    > there is no line rental to the broadband as there is no telephone

    connection with it.
    mewthree, May 18, 2004
  8. never to old

    Hamman Guest

    > > there is no line rental to the broadband as there is no telephone

    > connection with it.

    So what do you propose to plug the RJ11 cable into dumbass?

    hamman
    Hamman, May 18, 2004
  9. never to old

    mewthree Guest

    "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    > > > there is no line rental to the broadband as there is no telephone

    > > connection with it.
    > >

    > So what do you propose to plug the RJ11 cable into dumbass?
    >
    > hamman
    >
    > i said line rental not that theire is not a line. with broadband you only

    pay a monthly fee and not a line fee. with dail up you pay a monthly fee
    plus line charges " what ever you use " plus extra if you have a limit to
    how much you can download. some do have a cap to this charge but not all. my
    aunt got a telephone bill for £250 so she quickly changed to broadband. back
    to your point. what as physical connection got to do with charges. i think
    your comment i a dumbass one.

    if you are not a part of the soulution you are a part of the problem.
    mewthree, May 18, 2004
  10. never to old

    mewthree Guest

    mewthree, May 19, 2004