    I'm stumped by this - the Intel is compatible with XP and XP itself is SP2.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    NeilW, Mar 12, 2005

  2. NeilW

    TT Guest

    There's probably little connection with XP itself and the problem. That
    error means that a network/connection setting is probably not right. Do
    you another access number to use? You could try this...

    http://www.modemsite.com/56k/connectoidxpe.asp

    TT, Mar 12, 2005

  3. TT wrote:
    > There's probably little connection with XP itself and the problem. That
    > error means that a network/connection setting is probably not
    > right. Do you another access number to use? You could try this...
    >
    > http://www.modemsite.com/56k/connectoidxpe.asp

    You didn't read the OP's question at all, did you?! He has *BROADBAND* -
    since when did you require a number to access a DSL connection? And then you
    compound your stupidity, by posting a link to an article dealing with *56k*.

    You're an idiot.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 12, 2005
  4. > I've been using Business Broadband without any problems for over a year
    now.
    > Yesterday I bought a new hard drive and installed Windows XP. Everything
    > went fine - so I installed the modem (I've tried both Intel and

    Speedtouch)
    > and this went fine. However, whenever I try to connect, I get error 691
    > saying the password or username is incorrect. I know the username and
    > password are OK because they connect fine when I boot into Win98 from my

    old
    > hard drive.
    >
    > I'm stumped by this - the Intel is compatible with XP and XP itself is

    SP2.
    > Any ideas?

    Maybe one of these issues:

    1) Username and/or Password CASE SENSITIVE.
    2) MAC Address being monitored.
    3) Modem USB Software not installed.
    4) IP Address is Static in Computer

    RDO Computer Services, Mar 12, 2005
  5. NeilW

    Wizard Guest

    RDO Computer Services wrote:
    >> I've been using Business Broadband without any problems for over a
    >> year

    > now.
    >> Yesterday I bought a new hard drive and installed Windows XP.
    >> Everything went fine - so I installed the modem (I've tried both
    >> Intel and

    > Speedtouch)
    >> and this went fine. However, whenever I try to connect, I get error
    >> 691 saying the password or username is incorrect. I know the
    >> username and password are OK because they connect fine when I boot
    >> into Win98 from my

    > old
    >> hard drive.
    >>
    >> I'm stumped by this - the Intel is compatible with XP and XP itself
    >> is

    > SP2.
    >> Any ideas?

    > Maybe one of these issues:
    >
    > 1) Username and/or Password CASE SENSITIVE.

    Hmmmm...

    > 2) MAC Address being monitored.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    > 3) Modem USB Software not installed.