    locations will have adsl connected and both use IHUG as my ISP.

    Any comments appreciated as it may save me a few dollars each month.

    Thanks.

    maxnz, Aug 4, 2006

  2. maxnz

    Guest

    maxnz wrote:

    > Hi, this question may have been answered before? I want to get ADSL at
    > my beach batch. I am currently using IHUG. My main home has a data cap
    > 40+20gb. Can I subscribe to the cheapest IHUG ADSL plan at my beach
    > place (currently $29.95 p mth) but then log in with my home loggin
    > account. Secondly can I log in to my home account at my home and at my
    > beach location, using the same loggin at the same time? Note that both
    > locations will have adsl connected and both use IHUG as my ISP.
    >
    > Any comments appreciated as it may save me a few dollars each month.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi Max...First off check your terms and conditions with ihug. I do a
    similar thing with Actrix but was told I was in breach of my contract
    (but am still allowed to do it).

    I have a 2MB/128 connection, my sister has a 256/128 connection, both
    of us with Actrix. When I'm at her place I use my log-in so that I
    don't use up her daily allowance. My log-in using my daily allowance
    but at her speed.

    However she can't use her log-in at my place cos I have a faster
    connection.

    I've never tried logging in at two different places with the same
    log-in at the same time. I suspect it wouldn't work. You could always
    email ihug's helpdesk.

    Regards
    Miguel

    PS I always thought bach was spelt b-a-c-h. Has today's world changed
    that too
    :-(

    , Aug 4, 2006

  3. maxnz

    maxnz Guest

    Thanks Miguell, I guess I wont know for sure untill I try it:)

    It makes sense to be able to utilise your bandwidth allowance the best
    way you can. As long as you dont exceed the cap I cant see it hurting
    the ISP as they are getting 2 connection fees each month. Opens up
    interesting possibilities though with being able to juggle your cap
    with your mates!

    I wonder if anyone else has any experience with this?

    Cheers
    Max

    maxnz, Aug 4, 2006
  4. maxnz

    Dogboy Guest

    maxnz wrote:
    > Thanks Miguell, I guess I wont know for sure untill I try it:)
    >
    > It makes sense to be able to utilise your bandwidth allowance the best
    > way you can. As long as you dont exceed the cap I cant see it hurting
    > the ISP as they are getting 2 connection fees each month. Opens up
    > interesting possibilities though with being able to juggle your cap
    > with your mates!
    >
    > I wonder if anyone else has any experience with this?

    I had an interesting job once where two friends who had the same ISP and
    broadband account were both getting frequent disconnects. Turns out
    friend #1 had given friend #2 their old DSL modem and friend #2 had
    plugged it in and it worked straight away so they hadnt given it a
    second thought. But friend #2 was actually logging in as friend #1 and
    using their account.

    The disconnects happened because friend #1 would come along and try and
    connect which would kick friend #2 off and vice versa.

    So its happened in the past, whether its still possible today I dont know.

    Dogboy, Aug 5, 2006